Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator aka Soft Phones not getting correct time

When installing the Cisco IP Communicator phones on laptops, they are appearing with the incorrect time (appears the time zone is incorrect). I have been unable to figure out where they are getting the incorrect information from. Sometimes it works but most of the time it does not. The NTP is set correctly in CUCM. The phone will not set up properly even though I have added the phone individually not as an auto-registration.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

As @Adam Pawlowski  mentioned, time on your CIPC will be based on your DTG configuration.

With Asia/Muscat, My CIPC shows correct time.

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Roger - Thank you so much for your input on the troubleshooting of this issue. It allowed me to confirm that other settings were correct and were not causing the symptoms that I was seeing. I believe that I have been able to narrow down the culprit this the issue of IP Communicator phones not registering to be a settings issue with the manual creation of the phone. I was able to successfully install and configure 3 phones on laptops this morning.  Correcting default settings appears to have been the fix for this issue.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its been a long time with this product, but, since it's basically emulated Java SCCP phone - have you checked the date time group assigned to the device pool you've provisioned CIPC in ? I believe that would control the offset from the system clock.

The time is set correctly. It seems like the issue is somehow related to an issue with time zones. But all my times are set correctly. If they were not, other phones across campus would be having the same issues. Other soft phones are not experiencing these issues. Additionally, this is on first time install. I am able to add the phone manually, but the cucm doesn't register the phone. I thought it might be related to the time issue. I was able to successful register a phone on a laptop yesterday morning. But upon attempting to repeat this process in the afternoon, the activity was unsuccessful.

Whats the actual problem, registering the phones or time ?. i have CIPC running on my laptop with proper time as other phone in the DP and its registered.

Have a look on below details.

CIPC version.

Capture.PNG

CIPC TFTP settings.(You need to run as administrator to amke changes on CIPC TFTP settings)

Capture1.PNG

CUCM Device settings.

Capture2.PNG

Response Signature

The softphone does not register. I figured the time is an indicator of why it isn't working.
Also, though I am putting in the correct TFTP servers, the phone is displaying the subscriber 3 first instead of publisher 1 and subscriber I have indicated to use.

Hi natalie.mcintyre@brazosport.ed 
Would you mind to share some screenshots of the UX that you’re seeing with CIPC as that’s going to make this so much easier for us to understand? As is right now it’s a guessing game as it’s not all clear what your actual problem is.

Response Signature

Roger - Thank you so much for your input on the troubleshooting of this issue. It allowed me to confirm that other settings were correct and were not causing the symptoms that I was seeing. I believe that I have been able to narrow down the culprit this the issue of IP Communicator phones not registering to be a settings issue with the manual creation of the phone. I was able to successfully install and configure 3 phones on laptops this morning.  Correcting default settings appears to have been the fix for this issue.

Glad to hear that and that you where able to solve the issue with the input provided by me.

If you don’t mind it would be nice if you could use the helpful vote on posts and also mark the appropriate answer from me as the solution to your question.

Response Signature

Adam is correct, this is controlled by the DTG assigned to the DP that the phones are set to use in CM.

Response Signature

As @Adam Pawlowski  mentioned, time on your CIPC will be based on your DTG configuration.

With Asia/Muscat, My CIPC shows correct time.

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

Response Signature