cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP PHone 7965 Auxiliary Port

arsparks
Level 1
Level 1

We have someone that has a 7965 phone with an Auxiliary port that's being used by a sidecar module.

That precludes the use of that port for switchhook control by a wireless headset.  We use Plantronics headsets.

Anyone know of a solution to this problem?  Maybe a different phone, or a different Plantronics solution, I'm open to any ideas.

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

doenst the side units have an additional aux port ? not sure if this helps..with the switchook setting..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I'll try that.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Al,

You need this additional Part/Cord

Plantronics # 85638-01

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Al,

Just thought I should add why this cord is needed and how to build your own

We love the HHC as well but I haven't had to use one with an "add-on" module like the 7915 yet. We got one working in our Lab (on a 7914) by using a couple of extra parts. The HHC can plug into the second "Aux" port on the back of the 7914/15 but the problem is the cord on the HHC is not long enough. Get yourself a RJ11 female to female 6 wire line cord coupler and a 6 wire line cord (must be straight through and not a "rolled" or cross-over). Plug the "Aux" cord from the HHC into the coupler along with one end of the new 6 wire line cord. The other end of the 6 wire line cord into the second "Aux" port on the 7914/15 and violla ...."Bob's your Uncle", it works like a charm.

Make sure the new 6 wire line cord is not rolled as the first one that I tried was and the pin-outs do not line up properly, once I put a new end on it was good to go!

So you can purchase the Plantronics # 85638-01  or build your own.

Cheers!

Rob