cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express still needed for time of day routing?

NatalieThomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We  are about to upgrade a CUCM customer system from 4.2 to either 8.6 or  9.0. At the moment they have IPCC Express and Unity Express implemented  in order to deploy an operator number with queueing, time of day routing  and one voicemail. I am not sure whether we really need IPCC and Unity  Express for these features or if the newer CUCM versions provide other  native possibilities?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Natalie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Time-of-day routing is not a problem for CUCM (since version 6 or so)

Queueing is available on hunt groups in version 9, and is improved in version 9.1 (i think in 9.0 if a hunt member does not answer the call they are auto 'hlogged' out, in 9.1 this is optional)

Voicemail is presumably not UCCX?

Of course, you would want to check the detail of these features and evaluate them carefully to assure that the customer gets the functionality they need before deciding to drop UCCX - that product is very flexible and has lots of features they may be using. If they are queeuing properly and using the Agent software to do so then the user experience will be very different if you drop that.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Time-of-day routing is not a problem for CUCM (since version 6 or so)

Queueing is available on hunt groups in version 9, and is improved in version 9.1 (i think in 9.0 if a hunt member does not answer the call they are auto 'hlogged' out, in 9.1 this is optional)

Voicemail is presumably not UCCX?

Of course, you would want to check the detail of these features and evaluate them carefully to assure that the customer gets the functionality they need before deciding to drop UCCX - that product is very flexible and has lots of features they may be using. If they are queeuing properly and using the Agent software to do so then the user experience will be very different if you drop that.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron is spot on here (+5), with the native queuing capabilities of version 9, simple contact centers, i.e. help desk, etc. will no longer require UCCX if reporting is not a big concern.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks a lot!

Natalie