Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone client DTMF responses unrecognized

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi All,

I have an issue with our iPhone jabber clients with CME. The issue was first brought to my attention as users couldn't log into their CUE voicemail. They would dial the mailbox extension, get the prompt to enter their mailbox number and press #, which they would do.  I tested further, and noticed that all DTMF tones from the iPhone client is unrecognized. CUE doesn't "hear" the mailbox number, and I tried various other businesses, which don't "hear" the DTMF tones (press 1 for sales, pressed 1, doesn't work). This works fine with our physical phones (7970,60,40s, etc.) so it looks like an iPhone client issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David           

10 Replies 10

abcronin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David

I am having the same issue with my Jabber mobile clients with a CUCM and 3rd Party Voicemail system.

I need to troubleshoot the logs to see the DTMF codes but were you able to resolve it?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Still not working on my end. If I get somewhere I'll update the thread, and please do the same.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Best,

David

David,

May be this is related.

Can you ensure that you bind an interface for SIP to ensure continuity for media & signalling

something like

!

voice service voip

sip

bind all source-interface gigabitEthernet 0/0

!

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, still not recognizing dtmf key presses. I've updated my original post to include my relevant config.

Best,

David

David,

Lets try and see if we can capture whats going on when digits are entered.

Send the output of the ff: debug

debug voip rtp named-event

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Aokanlawon,

How are you?

The debug is here. Dialed # is 777 cue VM, then tried to dial mailbox: 101#

Thank you,

David

David from the trace, the jabber client are using pt=106. (payload type =106)

Jul 20 13:39:23.935:          s=VoIP d=DSP payload 0x6A ssrc 0x3B77C678 sequence 0x7BFE timestamp 0xC191D6B3

Jul 20 13:39:23.935:  << Pt:106    Evt:1       Pkt:0A 00 A0

Jul 20 13:39:23.935:          s=DSP d=VoIP payload 0x6A ssrc 0x3B77C678 sequence 0x7BFE timestamp 0xC191D6B3

Jul 20 13:39:23.935:          Pt:106    Evt:1       Pkt:0A 00 A0  >>

Jul 20 13:39:23.967:          s=VoIP d=DSP payload 0x6A ssrc 0x3B77C678 sequence 0x7BFF timestamp 0xC191D6B3

Jul 20 13:39:23.967:  << Pt:106    Evt:1       Pkt:0A 01 40

Jul 20 13:39:23.967:          s=DSP d=VoIP payload 0x6A ssrc 0x3B77C678 sequence 0x7BFF timestamp 0xC191D6B3

Jul 20 13:39:23.967:          Pt:106    Evt:1       Pkt:0A 01 40  >>

Jul 20 13:39:23.983:          s=VoIP d=DSP payload 0x6A ssrc 0x3B77C678 sequence 0x7C00 timestamp 0xC191D6B3

We can see the events 111 on the router as the keys are pressed.

Can you send me a debug ccsip messages when you make a call to voicemail please.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Aokanlawon,

Ccsip message debug is here.

I'm just using cue vm as an example, but it doens't work with any external AA, like if you call the airlines, they don't register the key presses either.

Thanks,
David

David I wouldnt expect it to work with any external AA. Because I belive on your outbound dial-peer (sip trunk) You have configured dtmf-relay rtp-nte. Now this uses pt 101. But your phone is using pt 106 for dtmf. You will need to find a way to change the payload type used on the jabber client to match whats on your configuration.

guys, I have resolved my DTMF issue from the iPhone to my 3rp Party VM system.

On the device page I selected the 'Require DTMF Reception' and now it recognizes the DTMF digits.

Not sure why but without it the NTE packets are sent multiple times.

Jabber for iPad and Jabber for Windows are okay.

hth

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: