cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is a phone in service

Loftyworm
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if a line is "off hook" or if the line is busy.  I am the admin, and would like to reboot the 8851 phone for a variety of reasons (In this particular case to enable bluethooth).  I have googled this a lot, with no info.  How do I determine if the phone is off hook by;

1) the phone web interface

2) CUCM

3) all else fails, the CLI on the PUB, SUB, or Gateway

Seems like this would be straight forward, but I can't find out how.  NOTE, I did find a "Service State" on the web interface under device information, buy it reads idle even when the phone is in use.

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there
I usually go this way,

1. From the ip phone web page >> Streaming Statistics. Check the Stream Status. If the call is active, you can see Stream Status as Active, along with Sender and Receiver packets increasing. If the phone is Idle Stream Status is Not Ready and TX and RX will reset to 0.

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi there

Also you can enable BLF presence (Native presence) in CUCM. Then you can monitor the extension in 2 ways.

1. You can add the extension as a BLF on your phone. When the remote party off hooks your BLF button turns red
  2. You can go to the directory and search for the user. If the user is off-hook you can see the Off-Hook status like below

BLF PRESENCE.jpg

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you use Jabber and all the user/line/device association is in place, you can also add the user in Jabber and you should see the status as soon as the go off-hook as "on a call".

If they dial on-hook and then press call, there is no way to find that out until they actually place the call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate