cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is the C2800 gateway supported in CCM 9.1.1a ??

Jeff Bankston
Level 1
Level 1

I am running into conflicting information that says the 2800 series is supported in UC 9.1.1a, and the UC 9 SRND makes no mention of the 2800 as a platform.

So, this isn't about what "just will work" in UC 9, I am looking for a definitive "Yes the 2800 series is supported" kind of statement, or some documentation to that respect.

Thanks, Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It is a good link which shows detailed compatibility for TP,CCX,IP phone   till UC 9.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/versions/IPTMtrix.html

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am certain  that the 2800 is supported. What you need to worry more is the IOS feature you want to use with CUCM9.1 and the IOS version your 2800 will be running..But I am 100% sure 2800 ISR is supported

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, you need to specify what purpose are you looking them to work for, i.e. is it MGCP Gateway, SIP/H323 GW, SCCP analog port control, SCCP media resreouce?

In any case all of the above will work fine, in fact if you look at the available MGCP GWs for example you will see GWs such as 6608 blades that have long been discontinued and are still supported.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

It is a good link which shows detailed compatibility for TP,CCX,IP phone   till UC 9.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/versions/IPTMtrix.html

regds,

aman

Aman,

This is not a compatibility matrix, it is merely matrix showing what Cisco has tested with each system release.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for correcting me.

regds,

aman

actually, TAC just came back and said that this link is the valid one for this question, and the BU is going to update it soon to reflect UCM 9.1 platforms as well.

Soooooo, the C2800 series will live to transport voice another day!!

Agreed, but the issue is that I need something stating that the platform is still _supported_ not simply that it is usable in UC 9. Anything can be usable, and handle calls, but will Cisco provide bug fixes if the issue proves to be one with the platform?

These are H323 gateways providing the usual array of hdwe dsp resources, and also SIP trunks to a provider and to CCM. Works fine in CCM 7.1.3 SU2 which we are moving away from shortly.

Thanks, Jeff

H323 GW has no direct relationship to CUCM version, if you want official confirmation from Cisco you can open PDI ticket if you are a partner or open TAC case.  But they will tell you the same thing.

HTH,

Chris

Absolutely spot on Chris..Two different business units, supported differently by different teams. If you have a valid support contract for your 2800 gateways then they are supported, if you dont you need to get one as well as another for your CUCM.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"