Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 4331 CME Licensing

danletkeman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 4331-V/K9 that I would like to use for an IP phone system.  It currently has IOS-XE 16.3 installed and has a permanent UC license.  I see that the SWSS licensing is EOS and that flex is the only option:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/datasheet-c78-744069.html#UnifiedCMELicensing

What do I need to license 10 IP phones for use with this router if I stay on 16.3?  Do I need anything else if I upgrade to 16.10+?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need 10 Quantity  A-FLEX-EP-CME if upgrading to 16.10+ as you  must registered with Customer Smart

16.3 its RTU licenses you can register phones. The only step needed is to configure the CME feature and accept the EULA

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You need 10 Quantity  A-FLEX-EP-CME if upgrading to 16.10+ as you  must registered with Customer Smart

16.3 its RTU licenses you can register phones. The only step needed is to configure the CME feature and accept the EULA

Response Signature

danletkeman
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, that makes sense.

Do you know if the terms for  A-FLEX-EP-CME are 1 year?  I was unable to find any documentation on this license.

Yes, standard terms are 12, 36, or 60 months; however, multi-year discounts starting at 36 months strongly disincentivize one year subscriptions which are also more work for all involved.

AS @Jonathan Schulenberg mentioned, you can subscribe for 1 year, 3 year or 5 year. More the years better will be the pricing.

Response Signature