cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows conflicting with Skype

paulrankin1722
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to make a call with Jabber it is like a second line is also opened. One of the lines calls the number, I can hear it faintly in the background, but I mainly hear a dial tone from the 'second line'.

When I exit Skype, the problem goes away.

I am using a Sennheiser bluetooth headset.

I have played around with default sound devices and settings, particularly changing Exclusive Mode, but can't resolve the problem.

Anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlexM05
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I came across this forum post while researching an identical issue for one of our staff that had a USB hub - wireless Senheisser headset and wanted to share my fix. I downloaded the headset pro software (free) from Senheisser's website, uninstalled the Seneheisser headset entirely, and then allowed the Headset Pro software to update the drivers/headset for both the dock and headset. It appears that Win 10 applies a generic audio driver to the headset when plugged in and causes this issue.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

CesarTrombeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

Try to disable the mic on Skype when you make a call in Jabber. Skype has a different setup for audio devices than Jabber. When you make a call using Skype with Jabber closed, the same behavior is happening?

Thanks Cesar

I've tried playing with the audio settings in Skype with no joy.

When I try to make a Skype call it crashes as soon as I hit Skype Call.

If I close Jabber I can Skype call OK

If I close Skype i can make calls OK with Jabber

Regards

Paul

It’a Very possible the problem is actually the headset plugin for call control (eg answer/end call) in both apps. You could test this by disabling accessory manager in Jabber; if the problem clears up with it off you may want to ping the headset manufacturer for support.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_0/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-for-cisco_12/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-for-cisco_12_chapter_0111.html#CJAB_RF_E16B23E9_00

Did you get a solution for this? I have the same issue with a Sennheiser SP20 speakerphone and the Jabber version 12.1.2.24692

Did you get the solution ?

@CesarTrombeta I am facing below issue . Any help 

• Jabber wont let me connect to Audio to a Skype meeting whilst Jabber is running ( I think they both use Port 5060)

• Jabber  really doesn’t like my Sennheiser DW Office Bluetooth headset (which is connected to both Laptop and Cisco ), when it connects I get both the call and the hang up tone at the same time. Works okay with USB head set.

Any advise Please ASAP 

AlexM05
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I came across this forum post while researching an identical issue for one of our staff that had a USB hub - wireless Senheisser headset and wanted to share my fix. I downloaded the headset pro software (free) from Senheisser's website, uninstalled the Seneheisser headset entirely, and then allowed the Headset Pro software to update the drivers/headset for both the dock and headset. It appears that Win 10 applies a generic audio driver to the headset when plugged in and causes this issue.

onkargautam
Level 1
Level 1

What is the solution ?

onkargautam
Level 1
Level 1

@paulrankin1722 @AlexM05 @Damafla82 @Jonathan Schulenberg  Any advise on this same topic 

• Jabber wont let me connect to Audio to a Skype meeting whilst Jabber is running ( I think they both use Port 5060)

• Jabber really doesn’t like my Sennheiser DW Office Bluetooth headset (which is connected to both Laptop and Cisco ), when it connects I get both the call and the hang up tone at the same time. Works okay with USB head set.

Have you installed the Sennheiser headset pro software i mentioned in my original post and updated firmware for the headset and dock? Sometimes the only firmware updates available are for the headsets themselves which is not abnormal. I would recommend taking these steps to make sure your drivers/firmware are most up to date.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: