Jabber in SRST

atoxet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am setting up SRST for Jabber.

Out SRST router is 4431, IOS 17.06.03a

Jabber for Windows, version 14.1.4.57561 Build 307561

Our Jabber can register to SRST, make outbound calls, receive inbound calls. However, there are couple of issues I am stuck at:

1. The Transfer button is greyed out. 

2. Under Voice register pool (show run all), I cannot remove the command "transfer-patterns blocked" (I tried to add "no transfer-pattern blocked" under voice register pool; but when show run all, it is still there).

Anyone has faced with the same issues before? Can share with me how to solve them?

Thanks,

8 Replies 8

Do you have both SCCP and SIP SRST configured on the router, or just SIP? 

Have you checked to see if "transfer-patterns blocked" is set in a template?

Did 'no transfer-pattern blocked' come back with an error? If so, maybe try 'transfer-pattern default'?

Maren

Hello Maren,

We have only SIP phones. However, I tried to configure call-manager-fallback on the router as well.

There is no template. Template is only available on CME. We run simple SRST.

"no transfer-pattern block" returned no error. However, after adding the command, I still saw it in show run all | s voice register pool

There is no command "transfer-pattern default" or "default transfer-pattern" but only "default transfer-pattern blocked". We already tried that one, but it equals to "transfer-pattern blocked" which is the issue we are having now.

Thanks,

Please share your router configuration, or at least the SRST parts, in an attached text file so that we can verify your configuration.

Response Signature

Hi @Roger Kallberg ; @Maren Mahoney,

Sorry I was away in the last couple of days. I attach the config here (SRST1.txt; also add the "show run all | s voice register"), please help to take a look.

Thanks,

That rules out the easy stuff. As @Roger Kallberg suggested, please post your (sanitized) config so we can take a look. As a suggestion, please post the config in a file and attach it to your post rather than pasting the config into the dialog box. It's often easier to look at that way.

Maren

Nothing bad stands out me in your config. It looks pretty solid.

For the transfer-pattern blocked, have you tried deleting the voice register pool and re-creating it? Or creating a second voice register pool to see if the command remains? I suspect that the inactive Transfer button is related to the transfer-pattern blocked.

Maren

Hi Maren,

Yes, I have tried to (1) delete pool 1 & re-create it; (2) create a new pool. But nothing was changed.

Call-transfer was still working for a 8851 phone, with the same configuration that I posted.

Thanks,

I checked the show run all command you mentioned on one of our VGWs with SRST, running IOS XE 17.9.4, and it also has the same line under the voice pool. I can't check if we're seeing the same as we do not use Jabber any longer since we have switch to Webex. I think you need to run this by TAC as it looks like a defect to me.

Response Signature