cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber install config

amith80kumar
Level 1
Level 1

We have three cloud custers Americas, EMEA and Asia. I have jabber installed on my laptop. I would like to understand how my jabber knows that it has to connect to Asia cloud and not Americas coud. If I have to change it to Americas how and where do I need to make that change?

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Jabber does a UDS lookup to find the cluster where the user account is set as Home Cluster. If you want to move a user from one cluster to another you’d uncheck Home Cluster on the end user account in the cluster where you’d want to move from and check it on the same end user account in the cluster you’re moving to.

Response Signature

To add to what @Roger Kallberg says, it's not enough to just change the "Home Cluster" checkbox. That checkbox indicates that the Jabber components for the user (CSF device with ownership, etc.) is located on that cluster. Simply changing the Home Cluster checkbox tells the Jabber client to "go over here" for services. Whichever that cluster is must be configured to accept the requests (like registration) from the client. Whichever cluster is the Home Cluster has to be able to accept the registration of the endpoint.

Maren

amith80kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Roger. I did that. Earlier I was registered to Asia and now it is not getting registered to Americas. It shows telephony configuration settings are invalid. When I press ctrl+shift+D i get the below attached. 
If I uninstall Asia jabber and install the Americas jabber then it gets registered.

amith80kumar_1-1720694534053.png

It failed the service discovery by what your image is showing. For what I wrote to be working you’d need to use the same domain for all of your CM clusters and you’ll need to run ILS between them so that they can exchange information between each other about where a user is homed.

In your installation setups are you defining different voice service domains? Normally Jabber would use the domain of the user account logging in, so you’d not need to define it specifically in the installation package.

Response Signature

This document outlines the service discovery process pretty well. Troubleshoot Jabber Log in Problems Please have a look at it and let me know if you need additional help. There is also a fantastic presentation from Cisco Live called Troubleshooting Jabber as a TAC engineer by Josh Hammond. Advice you to go look it up and go through it to understand how Jabber does the login process.

Response Signature

amith80kumar
Level 1
Level 1

I think our organization has jabber packaged for three different clusters and there is a seperate package for each of the cluster. If I install Americas version then I can register to Americas, same applies to Asia. Now can someone tell me where and how this is defined? is it a configuration done while packaging jabber? I see under server settings the FQDN of the TFTP server but it is grayed out. so I cannot change it? Meaning can I not just change the jabber settings to switch between one cluster and another (keeping in mind I check the home cluster option for the cluster where I am trying to register.)