Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Licenses

kick534
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

we have existing IP telephony system running  with UCS server business edition 6k,

Existing licenses in IP telephony system :

1) LIC-UWL-STD1 = 800 lic.

2) L_LIC-UWL-Entry1 = 200 lic.

Now we want to use Jabber feature should we required additional licenses for that ???

Please provide the part number for suppose i need 50 licenses.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes that correct. But As @Roger Kallberg  mentioned if you assign owner ID.

if you dont assign owner-id it will consume enhanced licensed.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jabber chat doesn't need any license. if you configure jabber as calling  device , u need enhanced or CUWL based on the number of devices configured for a user .

• if the user use only jabber device CUCM will consume Enhanced License.
  • if the user use multiple device, for example one jabber two desk phones   CUWL license will be required.

if u have free CUWL license available on CUCM,  u can configure the Jabber and no additional license is required. if you share the license usage from PLM, we   can provide more information.

regarding the part number, please refer the CUCM ordering guides.

Response Signature

Thank you for you reply,

It means if i have existing CUWL licenses and it already using for Cisco IP Phone,

for Cisco jabber on smart phone or Cisco Jabber on PC i don't required any extra licenses.

just i need to download the application and i can use it.

Hope i understand correctly ??

That is correct as long as you set the owner of the devices.

Response Signature

Hello,

The CUWL licenses that you own are enough for registering your Jabber soft phones.

It is important to associate the phones with users (CUWL allows up to 10 calling devices per user).

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

yes that correct. But As @Roger Kallberg  mentioned if you assign owner ID.

if you dont assign owner-id it will consume enhanced licensed.

Response Signature

kick534
Level 1
Level 1

Hi George,

Can please help me in below which licenses are CUWL

1) LIC-UWL-STD1 = 800 lic ????

2) L_LIC-UWL-Entry1 = 200 lic.  ????

asper the Part number you mentioned you  have 200 UWL entry license and 800 UWL  standard. have a look on usage from plm or smart account before sizing.

Response Signature

Hello @kick534 

@Nithin Eluvathingal  answered this already. Strongly suggesting to always check the PLM to verify your licenses consumption.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: