Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Phone Only Mode Deskphone Control

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have deployed a CUCM 12.5(1)SU3 cluster with Voice/Video servers only and no IM&P servers.

I want to use Jabber for Windows 12.9 in Phone Only mode and have this working ok for softphone mode.

I would like to be able to use Jabber Deskphone Control mode as well but cannot seem to get this working. I have set the deskphone as a controlled device for the user and set them as the line owner for the phone but do not see the phone control option in the drop down menu in the bottom left hand corner of Jabber.

I am not sure that Deskphone Control mode is supported for Phone Only deployments - does anyone have this working?

If yes can you suggest what other steps I need to take to get this working.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That should be the needed rights. I don’t think this would work for a CIPC.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Not sure either if this would work in the mode of your setup, but I think it should. What rights have you assigned to the end user and what model(s) of phone do you have?

Response Signature

Hi Roger, thanks for responding. The users have Standard CTI Enabled, Standard CCM End User plus the rollover and xterm groups which should be all they need. I am testing this remotely so have been using CIPC in SIP mode. I think I have a 7942 registered so I will try that. I am on a different project today so will not be able to test until this evening.

That should be the needed rights. I don’t think this would work for a CIPC.

Response Signature

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I got some time to look at this and the issue was that I was trying to control CIPC rather than a physical phone. When I tried controlling a 7942 it worked fine.

Thanks for the help Roger.