cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License issues after upgrading CUCM from 12.5 to 14.

Sergey 1907
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I upgraded CUCM from 12.5 to 14. After that, the existing licenses were no longer valid. For example i have 200 UC Manager Basic License (12.x) but 0 UC Manager Basic License

What should I do next? Does Cisco have to convert one (12.5) to the other (14) or do I have to either return 12.5 from the backup or buy new licenses?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUCM 12.5 to 14 is a major upgrade. You need to get the license for version 14.

you can place the order through MCE portal. And within two to three days you will get the upgrade licenses.

second option will be contact Cisco licensing TAC, provide them the old PAK/SO  and swss contract ID. They will deposit the new license in your smart account. 

For above both case you need valid SWSS.

Is this a subscription based license or perpetual license ?

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

CUCM 12.5 to 14 is a major upgrade. You need to get the license for version 14.

you can place the order through MCE portal. And within two to three days you will get the upgrade licenses.

second option will be contact Cisco licensing TAC, provide them the old PAK/SO  and swss contract ID. They will deposit the new license in your smart account. 

For above both case you need valid SWSS.

Is this a subscription based license or perpetual license ?

Response Signature

Hello Nithin

Yes, I have valid SWSS and I have already opened a case in my smart account. Thank you for your answer, you are accurate as always. Have a good day )

it is perpetual license converted from PAK

The licenses for 14 are version independent and you can use these for multiple versions, at a minimum for both 14 and 12.5 as that’s what we currently do. Licensing support should be able to help you out with this.

Response Signature

Its for Flex License, With subscription you are entitled to upgrade to any versions. But Perpetual license are still version dependent. 

Response Signature

Hi, i also see othe post like this, but only for resuming , 

If i have already CUCM 12.5 and smart licensing but only perpetual licenses, can i upgrade it to UC14 using MCE.

Can i upgrade to UC 14 or buy UC14 with perpetual licensing model?

I can i use MCE and upgrade a customer that i not visible to me? I have to ask customer anything? Ask access to smart account?

If i can see customer account in MCE but not anything in version upgrade, does it mean it can be upgraded?

Can i use same smart licenses , example, UC Manager Basic License and UC Manager Basic License (12.x) to CUCM 14?

Best Regards

For you only option is to buy subscription licenses.

subscription licenses are not version dependent.

Response Signature

I think that Cisco licensing team could help you convert your current licenses to version independent. That is given that you have a valid support contract in place. We did this about a year, or so ago.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: