Views
Helpful
Replies

local VoIP - LAN

ahmedeshtiwi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello..

I have a local network that consists of a Router, a Fire-Wall, a core switch (4507R) and Several (3750) switches which are connecting more than 100 end-point PCs.

I need to implement local VoIP between devices (either software on PC -Preferred- or a VoIP telephone). How Can I do that with minimum requirements?

Thank you

Ahmed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use a supported router i.e. 29XX/39XX, 28XX/39XX and run Communications Manager Express (CME) on it, ASA nor switch can not provide telephony services.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking for Cisco Collaboration product recommendations?  Based on your size I would explore BE6K bundle. You can contact local Cisco partner for free quote.

RedReddington
Level 1
Level 1

What router is it? Could you not get a license for CME/CUE and run it on that (if its up to spec)

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your budget?  

How many phones are you looking at?

ahmedeshtiwi
Level 1
Level 1

Well, the thing is: I would like to run a test first and my question was that is it possible to configure CISCO ASA or Switch as an SIP server or what so ever. I can manage to get a couple of IP telephones for the test, but I don't like to buy a new device for the time being at least, until later maybe. Is that even possible (No voice experience before, so excuse me :) )

Thank you

You can use a supported router i.e. 29XX/39XX, 28XX/39XX and run Communications Manager Express (CME) on it, ASA nor switch can not provide telephony services.