cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking to Insert device CTI_port just for forwarding the number

byronmcneil
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to preform a bulk inport of 58 CTI_port phone device types and my process was an export of the same all details

populated the sheet with the list of lines that needs to be forwarded, I saved file as CSV UTF-8 (comma delimited)

I also change the device fiels to accomidate 12 characters, thinking it failed for device name error

System version: 11.5.1.21900-40

MAC Address/Device Name Error Code Error Description

cti_insert.PNG

Any solutions to get this imported

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

FWIW: You can use BAT to import Translation Patterns via Import/Export. Create one of these translation patterns by hand, export all of your translation patterns, remove all of the patterns except for the one you created, replicate that for any additional ones, re-TAR the file, and Import.

Maren

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

byronmcneil
Level 1
Level 1

here is my example file

If the 9.<numbers> is the number you are forwarding to, you don't want to put the dot in the string. Numbers only. That might be what is generating the error. (Don't you love how useful BAT error messages are? </snark>

It looks like you are intending to forward DIDs back out to the PSTN. I'd do that with either a translation pattern or a CTI Route Point. CTI Ports are intended for an application to use to place a phone call. An example would be CER placing a notification call to on-site emergency personnel when a 911 call is placed. CER initiates the call and uses the CTI Port to place the call.

CTI Route Points are anchors for calls while a call pathing decision is being made by software. An example is a number that does not appear on any physical device but must have CFWDALL to voicemail. So call forward all like you are attempting would use a CTI Route Point before it would use a CTI Port.

In my customer's environment, we have a large number of publicly published fax numbers that need to be forwarded back out to the PSTN to analog numbers. We accomplish this with Translation Patterns.

Depending on the exact nature of your forward, I'd use a CTI Route Point or a Translation Pattern. 

Maren

The 9. Is not what I put it came from the excel csv format. I entered 91xxx
The calls are inbound fax lines that are forwarded out to a fax server so it actually does not hit the Pstn but fax server

Then it would seem that Excel has modified your forwarding digits. This is what I see when I open your CSV file in Notepad++

CSV.jpg

I'd still use a Translation Pattern or a CTI Route Point, but try fixing your digits and see if that solves the import issue. 

Maren

I agree, a translation pattern would be the better option.

Response Signature

Does anyone know if there is a way to bat import 58 lines of translations patterns , than doing it line by line ?

This is an example of how the file for import of translation patterns could look like.

TRANSLATION PATTERN ROUTE PARTITION DESCRIPTION NUMBERING PLAN ROUTE FILTER MLPP PRECEDENCE CALLING SEARCH SPACE ROUTE OPTION OUTSIDE DIAL TONE URGENT PRIORITY CALLING PARTY TRANSFORMATION MASK CALLING PARTY PREFIX DIGITS (OUTGOING CALLS) CALLING LINE ID PRESENTATION CALLING NAME PRESENTATION CONNECTED LINE ID PRESENTATION CONNECTED NAME PRESENTATION DISCARD DIGITS CALLED PARTY TRANSFORM MASK CALLED PARTY PREFIX DIGITS (OUTGOING CALLS) BLOCK THIS PATTERN OPTION CALLING PARTY IE NUMBER TYPE CALLING PARTY NUMBERING PLAN CALLED PARTY IE NUMBER TYPE CALLED PARTY NUMBERING PLAN USE CALLING PARTYS EXTERNAL PHONE NUMBER MASK RESOURCE PRIORITY NAMESPACE NETWORK DOMAIN ROUTE CLASS ROUTE NEXT HOP BY CALLING PARTY NUMBER EXTERNAL CALL CONTROL PROFILE USE ORIGINATOR'S CALLING SEARCH SPACE DO NOT WAIT FOR INTERDIGIT TIMEOUT ON SUBSEQUENT HOPS IS AN EMERGENCY SERVICES NUMBER
0.[1-9]XXXXXXXXX MXPO_PSTN_PT MXPO Route Cellular Local Domestic LD New Dialing     Default MXPO_DEVICE_CSS t f t     Default Default Default Default PreDot   +52 No Error Cisco CallManager Cisco CallManager Cisco CallManager Cisco CallManager Off   Default f   f f f

Name this file translationpattern.csv and put it into a tar file that contains a header file that has the content to do an import of translation patterns. The easiest was to get this and the CSV file is to first do an export of your current translation patterns from Bulk Administration > Import/Export > Export > Select Translation Patterns under Call Routing Data, then download the resulting tar file and extract it to a folder and edit the CSV file to include only what you'd want to add. Then copy the tar file and name it something that you remember, open the tar file with 7-zip or any other program that can handle tar files and drag and drop the CSV file created. Once you've done then upload the file to CM under Bulk Administration > Upload/Download Files > Select Transaction Type = Import, Select The Target = Import/Export. Once done you can run file validation job under Bulk Administration > Import/Export and if that comes back clean do an import under the same menu.

Response Signature

When the carrier ported the number

The initial Translation process did not work for this method of forwarding the number external to the cluster. This was suggested through Cisco community discussions. That there were multiple methods for bat importing the numbers.

Phone device / Jabber device – Khaled created (Save the day)

Im not sure why the focus on the forwarded number, the error returned was the name field for the device. The import Phones mabe looking the actual MAC address, I did the all field options, maybe Iits the custom option and like the .bat its has an option for CTI.

I was looking to do a quick inport from CSV file like I done in the past for Jabber and phones

MAC Address/Device Name Error Code Error Description

FWIW: You can use BAT to import Translation Patterns via Import/Export. Create one of these translation patterns by hand, export all of your translation patterns, remove all of the patterns except for the one you created, replicate that for any additional ones, re-TAR the file, and Import.

Maren

we have to put the 91215 on outbound calls including forwarding