Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LOOKS LIKE SIP PHONES AREN'T REGISTERING, help

Hello All,

I have been trying to add new SIP phones, 7841s and SPA504G, note, I have added a few in just recent past, it's a Network of roughly 500 cisco/3rd party phones & 4 TPs. We use Cisco IP Phone 7942 too.

On the CUCM System version: 10.5.2.12901-1, it immediately rejects the new phones, on these new 7841s, phone gets correct IPs of LAN, TFTPs etc, keeps writing "registering" on the screen for DAYS!...On the SPA504G, It gets the IPs, but the directory number doesnt show on the screen, I have done RESET multiple times on both.

Help.

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Have these 7841s been registered on any other system before ? if so, you could try deleting itl file on the phone once.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts

They are brand new phones, never been registered elsewhere before.

What does the console log of the 7841 phone say? Does it successfully download and update firmware? Does it attempt to register - for that matter, does the CUCM log show a registration attempt?

CUCM doesn’t support SPA phones so you’ll get nowhere on that front.

To add to Johnathan's great points -

Check the default firmware version on your CUCM.  We've seen some of our clusters not keep up with the recommended updates.  So when brand new phones arrive they come with a much newer version and then have to downgrade.  This does not always work.  Checking on the firmware download / update status will confirm this.  

Regards,

Les