cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Main Line Voice Message and Options

aquaium79
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction... we have a voice message that is played when external calls come through to our main office line, during the message callers are given the options of press 1 for this and press 2 for that etc.

Now, two questions...

1. How do we change that voice message? Is it just a matter of going in to the voicemail options on the line the main number hits and changing the message or is it done somewhere else?

2. The voicemail needs to be changed because we need to add more options... where are these options configured? For example, if a caller presses 1 how do we tell Cisco Call Manager which number to redirect to? I'm sure I've seen it and configured it in the past but I've totally forgotten.

Thanks for any help.

10 Replies 10

ghostlee
Level 1
Level 1

hi,aquaium

1. How do we change that voice message? Is it just a matter of going in to the voicemail options on the line the main number hits and changing the message or is it done somewhere else?

: you can change the greeting to  personal greeting. where you can create  a new call handler and using your custom greeting.

2、The voicemail needs to be changed because we need to add more options... where are these options configured? For example, if a caller presses 1 how do we tell Cisco Call Manager which number to redirect to? I'm sure I've seen it and configured it in the past but I've totally forgotten.

see the attachment

the capture for using personal greeting 

Thanks for the reply.

I can see where the current recording is but how do we change that recording to a new one or even better just create a new recording in case we need to go back to the old recording? Does it mean doing the recording via the computer or the telephone?

Hi,
1. How do we change that voice message? Is it just a matter of going into the voicemail options on the line the main number hits and changing the message or is it done somewhere else?
Ans: you can change the custom greeting by using Cisco unity greeting administrator. So the call handler owner can change the recordings on the run.
You can refer below URL for setting up / using a cisco unity greeting administrator
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag150.pdf

2. The voicemail needs to be changed because we need to add more options... where are these options configured? For example, if a caller presses 1 how do we tell the Cisco Call Manager which number to redirect to? I'm sure I've seen it and configured it in the past but I've totally forgotten.
You can open the call handler in the Cisco unity connection and go to Edit >> caller input
From the Edit Caller, Input page selects the appropriate option and define the desired call action. [in your case, you can choose call action as Transfer to alternate contact number and fill the ucm extension number ]

Regards,
Shalid
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Sorry but where is the Media Master Options menu? I can't find it anywhere in the Cisco Unity Connection Administration page. Am I missing something?

https://vimeo.com/311505320

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Great video. Thank you.

One further question... how do I get around this Java issue? I can't load the Java applet to play/record messages with any of the current browsers.

Unfortunately CUC when it used Java for the media player was extremely picky regarding the versions, recent versions use HMTL5 to avoid that.

You'll have to review the System requirement guide from your CUC release and try the Java release it's mentioned as supported (or the closest one you can find), or use the greeting administrator which has already been mentioned.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How do I access the greeting administrator?

Hi there 

you can create greeting administrator in CUC. Below is an easy how to do guide 

https://www.netcraftsmen.com/configuring-greetings-administrator-without-new-routing-rules/

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: