Views
Helpful
Replies

Max Call Duration

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Pros,

I need to run a test call which needs to least at least 8 hours.  It looks like my SBC is terminâting the call after about 60 minutes by seding a Bye message. In CUCM the Max Call Duration is set to 720 mins but the call gets disconnected after 60 mins. This is definitely comming from my Voice Gateway due to a RTP traffic inactivity or a call monitoring duration but I don't seem to be able to find the right command to make the call last a minimum of 8 hours. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

MK

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try increasing the SIP Session Expires Timer in CM service parameters.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

The value set for this field is 1800 seconds which gives 30 minutes but the call gets terminated somewhere between 60 to 90 minutes. Do you think changing the value for this parameter would help to increase the call duration?

Also, changing this value would force phones to restart?

Thanks,

MK

I think it's worth a try increasing this value. No phone restart should be required. Also, what is the call flow? Are you hitting a CUBE? There have been some SIP bugs related to CUBE. Here's one that could be causing this problem. You could try increasing the hold timer under sip-ua as well.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq17104/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Brandon

Yes the call is hitting a CUBE before being delivered to the ITSP.

The timers hold Under sip-ua is already set to 2880 which is the max.

I will try to increase the SIP Session Expires Timer to see if it helps. Will get back to you shortely.

Thanks,

MK 

Do you have a debug of the SIP dialog from CUBE that shows CUBE was the first to send a BYE as opposed to the carrier?

What’s the IOS version and platform of CUBE?

Hi,

I increased the SIP Session Expires Timer and tested again. The call lasted 90 minutes for the first try. I tried the second time and it lasted 720 minutes (12 hours). The call was terminated by CallManager as the Maximum Hold Duration Timer is set to 720. I tried again an inbount and outbound long duration calls and they both worked as expected.

Your effort is very much appreciated and deserves 5 Points.

Thanks again,

MK