Views
Helpful
Replies

media resource group

SJ SJ
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

What is the best way to keep media resouces in media resource list.

I want hardware conference bridge to be used only for G.729 calls, for all other conference calls G.711 i want to use software conference bridge. How to accomplish this?

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

One option would be to use the software conference bridge on CUCM, or limit your hardware conferences to G711.

Then configure (seperately) a bank of transcoders to bridge G711 and G729.

You can then ensure that the G711 conference MRG is higher in the MRGLs.. this would be used, and if required (i.e. when a G729 user dials in) CUCM will invoke a transcoder session.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I m unable to properly understand what you said because if i use only software conf brdge then conference with G.729 calls will not be possilbe.

Sure - the software conf bridge supports G711 only.

But if you have PVDMs (as you have said you have hardware conferencing) then they can be configured to do transcoding instead. When someone tries to access the G711-only software conf bridge, CUCM will invoke a transcoder to convert the G729 to G711.

The transcoder would need to be in the same site/region as the software conference bridge for this to work.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

sccp ccm group 9

associate ccm 2 priority 2

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate profile 10 register TRSKHI-01

associate profile 20 register CFBKHI-01

associate profile 30 register MTPKHI-01

switchover method immediate

switchback method immediate

!

dspfarm profile 10 transcode

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec gsmfr

codec g729r8

maximum sessions 2

associate application SCCP

!

dspfarm profile 20 conference

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

codec g729br8

maximum sessions 2

!

dspfarm profile 30 mtp

codec g711ulaw

maximum sessions hardware 2

!

Thanks Aaron. Looking at config above only 2 transcoding sessions will be very less. What changes do you suggest in

the above config.

Remove all codecs except for g711 from the profile 20 conference or remove the profile completely and you will be able to increase number of transcoding sessions significantly.

HTH,

Chris