Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetMe conferencing initiated via PSTN?

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Is there a way to start a MeetMe via cell phone or PSTN?  I've seen references to documentation in the forums for this, but it looks like the links are no longer functional. 

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, in order to initiate a meet-me a softkey event (meetme) needs to be received by CUCM. This has never been implemented in any CUCM/CCM version.

I believe there was someone who created a script for such thing, you'd need to search. Won't be too hard as the guy posted it in around 10 previous posts on the subject.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

mflavio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you have a Voice Gateway with CME license you can use the Unlocked Meet Conference to allow meet-me conference to be initiated from PSTN. On CUCM side you just need a trunk to the gateway and point route patterns to it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html

I have tested and it works.

Flavio

Please rate useful posts

HI Mflavio,

can you please provide little more details... with some explanation... thank you.

Joshua O'Connor
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if it works in your situations but I have directed customers with CUCM 11.x and above to move off of Meet Me to Conference Now which is built-in. This allows a meeting, host and/or attendee PIN for each meeting at the enduser level. This allows users from anywhere to dial into a IVR and enter the PINs to start the meeting.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200181-Configure-Conference-Now-Feature-on-CUCM.html 

Hi,

Thank you for the response. we have CUCM 10.5... I don't think it support Conference Now. do you know whether it is supported on 10.5 or not?  

Conference Now was added in CUCM 11.0, might be a compelling reason to upgrade.