Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP QSIG E1 ringback tone issue

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using QSIG on a MGCP E1 between CUCM vers 8.5(1) to an Ericsson MD30 PBX network.

We are using MGCP because of caller-name transmission, that is working well.

When calling from CUCM to Ericsson, the ringback tone is inband (pd=8). and in some cases of routing calls through the remote PBX's, we receive continious tone instead of ringback tone due to the PBX.

Does somebody knows how to play ringback tone in MGCP on "RX <- ALERTING" instead of listening inband information, like with "alert-no-PI" in H323 ?

Thanks in advance.

GW#
*Apr  5 15:39:43.206: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0046
        Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA9839F
                Exclusive, Channel 31
        Facility i = 0x9FAA06800100820100A10F02010002010080074C796E63204450
        Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '59900'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
        Called Party Number i = 0x80, '54616'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
*Apr  5 15:39:43.310: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0x8046
        Channel ID i = 0xA9839F
                Exclusive, Channel 31
*Apr  5 15:39:43.594: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8  callref = 0x8046
        Facility i = 0x9FAA068001008201008B0102A11102020B7902010180084D4F44454D203031

At this state we hear continious tone instead of ringback tone

*Apr  5 15:39:47.058: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x0046
        Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing
*Apr  5 15:39:47.118: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE pd = 8  callref = 0x8046
        Cause i = 0x8590 - Normal call clearing
*Apr  5 15:39:47.138: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x0046
GW#

9 Replies 9

Payal Bhaduri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For the MGCP ringback tone,

1. Go to the Service menu and select Service Parameters from the Cisco
CallManager Administration page.
2. Choose the Publisher CallManager Server and Cisco CallManager
service.
3. Scroll down to Disable Alerting Progress Indicator from the
Clusterwide Parameters (Device - PRI and MGCP Gateway) section. Set this
parameter to False and click Update.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

It is set to false by default. I tried the 2 values.

Hi,

Did you find out what was the problem?

I'm testing a CM8.5(1) with an MGCP QSIG to MD110, using the same configuration as in previous CM releases

However, I'm having issues in the CM to MD110 direction.

Calls from MD to CM work fine but from CM to MD I'm having issues with ringback and as soon as someone answers on the MD side the call is dropped only on their side...

Best regards,

Carmen

Hi

Just check the Progress indicator sent by the PBX in the alerting Message.. If the PBX sends PI =2 in the alerting message then, this will cause GW not to play anything and just listen to the inband channel.  To solve this problem you can make sure PBX not to send PI in the alerting message.

Alternatively you can try this service parameter on the CCM and check what happens

"Disable alerting progress indicator" - set this is "True" and click "update".  Try both alternate options and this should fix your issue.

Thanks.

Carmen,

I have not find a solution. My issue is a little bit doffrent than yours.

When I call from CUCM to the first Ericsson PBX (the one connected to the QSIG E1 trunk) , if the PBX generates its own ringback tone I hear it. If not I do not hear anything.

When I call from CUCM to a remote Ericsson (behind the first one, they are connect together with an IP proprietary link) the ringback tone is a continious tone.

In all cases the pd=8

I guess there is only one option :-(

Device>> Gateway >> PRI >>Setup non-ISDN Progress Indicator IE Enable
Check this box and reset the gateway.
Here is a brief explanation of the feature:
Enable this setting only if users are not receiving ringback tones on 
outbound calls. When this setting is enabled, the Cisco Unified 
Communications Manager sends Q.931 Setup messages out digital (that is, 
non-H.323) gateways with the Progress Indicator field set to non-ISDN. 
This message notifies the destination device that the Cisco Unified 
Communications Manager gateway is non-ISDN and that the destination 
device should play in-band ring-back.

In this case if the gateway has to paly the dial tone locally we would  have to change the switch type to a different one.
As I  have noticed it earlier the switch type in use qsig does not  offer this option.

Everyone,

I know this thread is a year old but I just ran into this same issue guy.richard mentions trying to setup an MGCP controlled E1 between a Nortel and a Cisco 2911 using PRI-EURO.   I ended up going the opposite direction than Yogesh and guy.richard did. Instead of trying to cut-through audio so ringback could be sent in-band via the non-ISDN endpoint, I told Call Manager to cut through on the CONNECT indicator instead.  This forced ringback to be sent out-of-band regardless and it worked.

1. In Service Parameters for the Call Manager service, find the Device - PRI and MGCP Gateway section
  2. Set the "Outgoing Media Connect Time for PRI"  to CONNECT

Steven

-Please rate helpful posts

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Hi, thanks.
helped for MGCP:
Checkbox - Setup non-ISDN Progress Indicator IE Enable****
Device>> Gateway >> PRI >>Setup non-ISDN Progress Indicator IE Enable
Do not forget to enter no mgcp and mgcp commands at a gateway.

It worked for me, after changing the value to CONNECT under "Outgoing Media Connect Time for PRI".

I have CCM v 8.5 connected to MD110 ericsson PBX using MGCP gateway.

Users when dialing from CCM towards MD110 were not able to hear ringback tone, vice versa its working fine.

Now after changing the above said value it worked, users are able to hear the ringback tone when dialled from either sides.

Earlier i had tried all the options but none worked.

Thanks....