cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Minimum DP level for 8865 on 10.5.2

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Whats the minimum DP level required to add an 8865 to a 10.5 install?  I'm looking at 2 systems, both of which show 10.5.2.12901-1 where 1 has the 8865 available as an option and the other doesn't.  Did a fresh install of 10.5 as well to test and that doesn't have it.  Can I just install the latest device pack and then gain support for the phone after the cluster reboot?  If so, why is it available on 1 install and not the other? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes that’s correct. Would recommend you to stop the TFTP service before you install any new firmware or device pack if you don’t want phones to upgrade if it would be rebooted. Once you changed the device defaults back to previous values start the service again.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DevPacks are cumulative, and often the SUs also add support for new devices.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks.  So I can install the latest Device Pack w/o upgrading to the latest SU?  I was looking at the version number to determine compatibility but maybe a device pack was previously installed that added support for the 8865 and then SU2a was installed.

Also, similar to a firmware upgrade, can I re-populate the firmware versions in the Device Defaults page w/ the pre-DP install version so that the phones don't upgrade automatically on reboot of the nodes?

Just a quick follow up; the DP install is similar to a firmware install in that I can copy the old firmware load name prior to the install, paste it back into the device defaults page after all the nodes in the cluster have installed the DP but before reload correct?  This being done in order to not roll out the new firmware to all the phones at 1 w/o testing it on a handful first.

Yes that’s correct. Would recommend you to stop the TFTP service before you install any new firmware or device pack if you don’t want phones to upgrade if it would be rebooted. Once you changed the device defaults back to previous values start the service again.

Response Signature