Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed call prefix append?

Kevin Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

Call Manager 8.6.1

Just took over the network this week.  First question of ultimate importance. 

Can you make it so I can dial the missed calls on my phone without having to dial an 8?

My first thought was to make a line that didn't need to dial the 8 or 81 in order to get out. 

There is a calling party Transform that is avialable but I'd loath to tweak that far into things in my first week.

I know this has been covered in the past but most posts I found were from 2007 and I'm sure someone has a better fix than that now.

Thanks

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Kevin,

Here is something from my archives. Adjust as needed..

1. You use the incoming calling partty settings on the gateway to prefix the appropriate digits...ie 9 for local, 91 National, 900 international etc

2. You configure a calling party xformation pattern that macthes each of these numbers eg. 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX. , 9.00!On the pattern you configure it to strip predot..

3. You configure your calling party xformation CSS to have access to the partition of these patterns...You then check your phones to either use calling party CSS on the phone settings or use the device pool settings...

Now when the call comes into your gateway, if it is a national call a 91 is prefixed as you have defined it. Now this 91.XXXXXXX pattern is passed through the calling party xformation pattern an the 91 is stripped before it is presented to the phones. However on the call logs i.e missed calls, the 91 will be there

SIP Trunks...

1.On the incoming calling party settings...Set the CSS that has access to the xformation pattern

2.define your xformatiom pattern for all inbound calls eg 07XXXXXXX, set to prefix 9---at this point the call is globalized..the stored data in cucmdb will be 907XXXXX

3. Next configure a new xformation pattern with 9.07XxxX in a different patition, set it to srip predot

4. configure a new calling party xformation css, that has access only to the new 9.07xxxx xformation..asign this to the phones...here before the call is presented to the phones, the 9 is stripped...hence the user sees normal calls.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Yes you can,

Just check the GW and look for

"Incoming Calling Party Settings"

Here you should expand the number so will contain an 8 or a 9 or 81 etc.

That way you can dial from your miss calls.

Now if during the alerting time you will not like to see this 8 infron of the number you are looking to not only gobalice but Normalize the number using Calling/ed Party translation.

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Kevin,

You should be able to change the service parameter to prefix 8 or 81 based on calling number type. This also depends on what type of gateways you have - MGCP/H323. The service parameter can be found under, System -> Service Parameter -> Select the server -> Select the CM service- > click on Advanced and scroll down to the Clusterwide Parameter - Device (Phone) section and look for parameters starting with Incoming. This is the simple/dirty way to do it and make sure you test your system after making the changes.

Please rate useful posts.

Please rate useful posts.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Kevin,

Here is something from my archives. Adjust as needed..

1. You use the incoming calling partty settings on the gateway to prefix the appropriate digits...ie 9 for local, 91 National, 900 international etc

2. You configure a calling party xformation pattern that macthes each of these numbers eg. 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX. , 9.00!On the pattern you configure it to strip predot..

3. You configure your calling party xformation CSS to have access to the partition of these patterns...You then check your phones to either use calling party CSS on the phone settings or use the device pool settings...

Now when the call comes into your gateway, if it is a national call a 91 is prefixed as you have defined it. Now this 91.XXXXXXX pattern is passed through the calling party xformation pattern an the 91 is stripped before it is presented to the phones. However on the call logs i.e missed calls, the 91 will be there

SIP Trunks...

1.On the incoming calling party settings...Set the CSS that has access to the xformation pattern

2.define your xformatiom pattern for all inbound calls eg 07XXXXXXX, set to prefix 9---at this point the call is globalized..the stored data in cucmdb will be 907XXXXX

3. Next configure a new xformation pattern with 9.07XxxX in a different patition, set it to srip predot

4. configure a new calling party xformation css, that has access only to the new 9.07xxxx xformation..asign this to the phones...here before the call is presented to the phones, the 9 is stripped...hence the user sees normal calls.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Kevin Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

I'm happy to say I'm going to table this issue for now.  The changes to be made are worrisome and as someone else pointed out will probably make something else somewhere *more* difficult. 

Thanks for your input!

Kevin