Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on hold is not working on SIP trunk

Sanjay Bishnoi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Music on hold is not working on SIP trunk as its working fine with internal calls

CUCM>CUBE>ISP

will appreciate if you can me help out on this

16 Replies 16

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sanjay,

Please check the following:

1. Make sure an MRGL containing an MOH server is associated with the trunk.

2. Check the service parameters on CUCM to identify the list of supported MOH codecs as it can be codec issue.

System >>> Service parameters >>>> Select Cisco IP Voice media streaming application >>>> Advanced >>> Supported MOH codecs

Once you have identified the supported MOH codecs, check the region settings between the SIP trunk and the MOH server to match it what you defined under region.

3. Are you using unicast or multicast moh?

4. What happens when the user puts the call on hold? Silence or three beeps or something else?

Aseem

Hello Aseem,

Thanks for update,

1. MRGL already associated with trunk

2. in the service parameter codec selected G.711ulaw

3. we are using multicast

4. when the user puts calls on host getting only one time beep

Hi Sanjay,

Make sure the trunk has a common device configuration with the correct MOH file specified as user hold MOH audio source and netowrk on hold and the region settings between the SIP trunk (device pool) and the MOH server (device pool) is set to G711.

Aseem

Hi Aseem ,

thanks for update,

in trunk common device configuration is set to none and can you share any snapshot or doc for all required configuration so that i can reconfigure all and how can i set netowrk on hold and the region settings between the SIP trunk (device pool) and MOH server (device pool)

Hi Sanjay,

Make a note of the device pool assigned to the trunk and on the MOH server. Browse to each device pool and note the regions associated with them.

Browse to the following:

System >>> Region information >>> Region  >>> Select the region for MOH server >>> Set it to 64 Kbps

Aseem

Hello Aseem ,

i did same configuration which you and deepak suggested but nothing happened.

one more thing is there any configuration required on cube router for the same.

Hi Sanjay,

The configuration on CUBE depends whether you want to play the MOH from the router flash or you want the CUBE to connect to the Media streamed by the CUCM on the multicast address.

1. Are the MOH server and the CUBE in the same network or across the WAN?

2. Are you using Multicast MOH from router's flash or you are using CUCM's MOH streams to connect to?

3. Send me the output of:

Show version

show run form CUBE

4. There were some issues with CUBE where MOH would not work if CEF is enabled. Can you disable CEF by using the command no ip cef under global config mode and check if it helps?

5. Collect the debugs on the CUBE and check the 200 OK message to see if the call gets established on G711 codec or G729?

6. Also for one test call, can you change the service parameters to include G729 codec as well in the supported codecs to see if it helps?

Aseem

Device >> Device Settings >> Common Device Configuration >> ADD New. Define the required User and Network Hold Audio Source here and assign this to the trunk and reset it.

Edit to the O.P : If the DP of SIP Trunk and MOH Server is same then you do not need to worry about the Region setting since intra region setting is set to use G711 by default unless you have changed it from Service Parameters. If they are different then go to System >> Device Pool and there you will see the Region assigned to them (screenshot attached). After this go to System >> Region Information >> Region and open any of the two regions that you got from above and see what is the relationship defined, if none is set or set to G729 change it to G711 then.

Regards

Deepak

hello Deepak,

my device pool and MOH server is same and i made common class configuration and same assign to sip trunk but still problem is there

Hi Sanjay,

In order to use MMOH with SIP you need to add the following command to your gateway configuration in addition to enabling Multicast Routing on the gateway.

ccm-manager music-on-hold

For more information take a look at this document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_proto/configuration/15-mt/cube-proto-15-mt-book/voi-multicast-moh.html

Dave

Hello Dave,,

Thanks for your udpate 

i have added this command on cube gateway now MOH is working on outgoing calls but still not working on incoming calls and whenever I put any calls on hold then Rsume button is not working as well. 

Can you please help me out of this.

Not sure if this is related but we just recently switched over to SIP trunks and MOH was not working. I had to go into Cisco Unified Serviceability and restart under CM Services "Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App". 

It fixed our MOH issue. 

I have also restarted CUBE router and CUCM as well but still my issue is not resolved.only facing problem with incoming calls and also observe when I try to transfer or conference any calls then incoming call dropped automatically.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in advance....

Mishkin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sanjay,

Did you find a solution for this? We are facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: