Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

necessary training or ...

Hi guys. I'd like to work as cisco voip engineer, to install , program CUCM, CUC, CUP etc. servers and services for different companies.   Can you please give me some advises  how to get such skills , which training, class should I take ? The goal is to move from network and voip admin to  engineer .  

I am CCNA voice and CCNP (R&S) with >10 yrs exp of voip different vendors (Huawei, Avaya, Cisco ), I had CIPT1,2 and troubleshooting training and 2 yrs of support of CUCM network .  I had experience of installing small PBX systems like IPO500., some staff of Avaya  Aura. 

Thank you 

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a lot of study materials online, however my advice is to look for a job with Cisco partner in this capacity where you will be able to work on various projects gaining the experience. A lot of larger partners such as my company and I am sure others offer entry level engineering positions, we them Associate engineers where you get to study/shadow and engage on projects. So, look for local Cisco gold partners that do collaboration implementations and see if you can get a job there. Good luck.

Hi Bekzod,

In addition to Chris' advice, you may find useful to earn your CCNP Collaboration. Taking this training will give you the latest information/best practices and you will be able to sell yourself better to a potential employer.

Good luck!

Thanks,

FG