cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help blocking call on CME 8.6

Michael Durham
Level 4
Level 4

Last night I received a call at 10:20:28pm from a caller that I want blocked.  The caller ID on the IP phone was just a zero but I do know the real caller ID number of that person.  How can I block calls from this number in Call Manager Express 8.6?  I tried using the Calling-number block but that does not work since the Caller ID is a zero.  Somehow I need to block the ANI number but I am not totally sure if that too is being passed by my SIP provider.

Please let me know what reports you need me to post.

Thank You,

Michael

3 Replies 3

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do it using translation with reject with a value you are receiving in ANI and can be applied on the dial-peer so that if that number matches phones system will reject the call.

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I have that set up but I am not sure if the number is coming through.  I think they are *69 before calling which blocks Caller ID.  It should not block ANI/Called From.  I have looked at my voice call history but cannot find anything.

From what I can see in the call logs its coming in as a zero.

OriginalCallingNumber=0
OriginalCallingOctet=0x0
OriginalCalledNumber=60694xxxxx
  This is my account # with the SIP provider.

I guess the SIP provider must be stripping the ANII info.

Thanks for the suggestions.

eric.ahernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

Like Nadeem said you can achieve this using voice translation reject, here's a quick example:

router(config)#voice translation-rule 1

router(config-xxx)#rule 1 reject /4855553538/
router(config-xxx)#rule 2 reject /4805557904/

router(config)#voice translation-profile BlockedNumbers

router(config-xxx)#translate calling 1

router(config)#dial-peer voice 10 pots           (Your incoming dial-peer)

router(config-dial-peer)#call-block translation-profile incoming BlockedNumbers

Hope it helps!

P.S. Did a little ninja edit because I forgot the "translate calling" command on the voice translation profile, it should be good now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: