cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help Moving from SCCP firmware to Multiplatform on 8841

ZeroPing
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully this is the right place to ask, if not please feel free to direct me to the right people.

I'm about to blow my head off with this.

The phone was purchased with Call Manager firmware but we wanted to used it on a Hosted PBX.

I've upgraded to firmware 12.0 by using a TFTP server, but it's still the call manager firmware. When I try to do the same thing with the 11.1.1 Multiplatform / 3rd Party firmware the phone just says Upgrade Failed.

Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no migration to/from enterprise FW to MPP/3PCC.

You need to buy a 3PCC device for your scenario.

At some point in time there was an option to go from 3PCC to enterprise, but never from enterprise to 3PCC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no migration to/from enterprise FW to MPP/3PCC.

You need to buy a 3PCC device for your scenario.

At some point in time there was an option to go from 3PCC to enterprise, but never from enterprise to 3PCC.

HTH

java

So it's not just a firmware upgrade?  Or software difference? There's an actual hardware change?

I don't know if there is a difference in the HW components of the device, what I can tell you is that there is no way to go from enterprise to 3PCC or viceversa.

HTH

java

Thanks for your reply.  That seems crazy to me. I'll speak with the provider of the phone, and see if I can get the other type.  I find it fascinating that not the licensed vendor of the phone, or the HPBX provider knows about this and I had to find out all kinds of info about this phone on the internet. 

We'll mark the reply as accepted once I confirm this info. Thanks.

Have you tried to reset the phone to factory default before to change firmware?

1. Press "#" when you power on the phone
2. You will see the headset,speaker and mute will light on and then light off.
3. When you see only headset and speaker turn on again, please press 123456789*0# in sequence.
4. After you pressed the the first digit "1", you will see speaker turn off.
5. After all the number are input completely in sequence, you will see Mute button turns on to indicate phone begin to do the factory reset. 

Regards.

Yes. Apparently you need to buy the MPP version of the phone.... seems like some Licensing issue cuz those phones are way more expensive.  

Unnecessarily complicated if you ask me.

hi ,

i have a MPP firmware phone and i would like to know if this can be migrated to regular firmware so it can register with CUCM?

pls let me know. i couldnt come up with any documentation. 

tahnks

vijay

No, there is no migration from MPP to enterprise FW (it used to be an option initially, but it's no longer available).

HTH

java

ok. thank you Jaime.