cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notification whenever a Phone goes unregistered?

ball
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to receive a notification (SNMP trap to Orion would be perfect), or collect some kind of report that tells the date/time a phone (specifically desktop IP phones, 7945/7965s) are unregistered/registered.  We'd like to more proactively track what is happening to the phones when they get unplugged, boxed up, etc.

Thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You can configure the Real Time Monitoring tool to alert you based on multiple criterias, but I think this will be helpful:

Error Message

CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceUnregistered : Device unregistered.  Device name. [String] Device MAC address [Optional]. [String] Device IP address [Optional]. [String] Protocol. [String] Device type. [Optional] [Enum]Device description [Optional]. [String] Reason Code [Optional]. [Enum]IPV6Address [Optional]. [String] IPAddressAttributes [Optional]. [Enum]IPV6AddressAttributes [Optional]. [Enum]

Explanation   A device that has previously registered with Cisco CallManager has unregistered. This event may be issued as part of normal unregistration event or due to some other reason such as loss of keepalives. In cases of normal unregistration with Reason Code 'CallManagerReset', 'CallManagerRestart', or 'DeviceInitiatedReset', the severity of this alarm is lowered to INFORMATIONAL.

Recommended Action   No action is required if unregistration of this device was expected. If the Reason is ConfigurationMismatch, go to the Device configuration page, make a change to the Description field, save, then reset the device.

Here is the link to the docuement:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/managed_services/8_5_1/CUCM/ServErrMess.html#wp2017383

and also this one:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/err_msgs/7_x/ccmalarms712.html

Regards,

Luis Sandi

View solution in original post

Hi

In RTMT, you already have a PreConfigured Alert named as "NumberOfRegisteredPhonesDropped",

You can find that under Alert-Central, Check out whether that will be usefull for your need.

Hi,
 first of all ... you access the 'Device Unregistered' info in CUCM Serviceability > Alarm tab > Definition:

Find Alarms Where: CallManager Alarm Catalog
 Equals: CallManager
 Enter Alarm Name: DeviceUnregistered

Check the picture bellow:

You can't change this info ... but you can check the 'NumberOfRegisteredMediaDevicesDecreased' in RTMT.

To download the RTMT, access CUCM Administration > Application > Plugins.

In RTMT > Tools > Alert Central > Voice and Video tab > right-click the 'NumberOfRegisteredMediaDevicesDecreased' > select Set Alert/Properties ... change the info as you need.

Hope this helps.

10 Replies 10

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You can configure the Real Time Monitoring tool to alert you based on multiple criterias, but I think this will be helpful:

Error Message

CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceUnregistered : Device unregistered.  Device name. [String] Device MAC address [Optional]. [String] Device IP address [Optional]. [String] Protocol. [String] Device type. [Optional] [Enum]Device description [Optional]. [String] Reason Code [Optional]. [Enum]IPV6Address [Optional]. [String] IPAddressAttributes [Optional]. [Enum]IPV6AddressAttributes [Optional]. [Enum]

Explanation   A device that has previously registered with Cisco CallManager has unregistered. This event may be issued as part of normal unregistration event or due to some other reason such as loss of keepalives. In cases of normal unregistration with Reason Code 'CallManagerReset', 'CallManagerRestart', or 'DeviceInitiatedReset', the severity of this alarm is lowered to INFORMATIONAL.

Recommended Action   No action is required if unregistration of this device was expected. If the Reason is ConfigurationMismatch, go to the Device configuration page, make a change to the Description field, save, then reset the device.

Here is the link to the docuement:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/managed_services/8_5_1/CUCM/ServErrMess.html#wp2017383

and also this one:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/err_msgs/7_x/ccmalarms712.html

Regards,

Luis Sandi

Thanks Luis - that error is exactly what I need to catch.  I cannot seem to find where in RTMT I can get it to trigger an alert based on that error message.  Do you know?  Thanks again

Hi

In RTMT, you already have a PreConfigured Alert named as "NumberOfRegisteredPhonesDropped",

You can find that under Alert-Central, Check out whether that will be usefull for your need.

Hi

The Other Option for you to get a Notification on Phone Unregistration is by Configuring the Alarms under Serviceability.

There you can find the Alarm Event "DeviceUnregistered"

Please make use of the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_0_1/ccmsrva/saalarm.html

Could you please explain how I could make this configuration?

Hi,
 first of all ... you access the 'Device Unregistered' info in CUCM Serviceability > Alarm tab > Definition:

Find Alarms Where: CallManager Alarm Catalog
 Equals: CallManager
 Enter Alarm Name: DeviceUnregistered

You can't change this info ... but you can check the 'NumberOfRegisteredMediaDevicesDecreased' in RTMT.

To download the RTMT, access CUCM Administration > Application > Plugins.

In RTMT > Tools > Alert Central > Voice and Video tab > right-click the 'NumberOfRegisteredMediaDevicesDecreased' > select Set Alert/Properties ... change the info as you need.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for the illustration.

I already know the RTMT "NumberOfRegisteredMediaDevicesDecreased" but I'm wondering how can "Device Unregistered" alarm be useful to alert me if a phone becomes unregistered as I cannot edit?

As you know RTMT doesn't give any information about the phones that becomes unregistered. I need alerts that identify the phones that becomes unregistered not just a threshold for the percentage of the total registered phones.

Thanks

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're running CUCM you can use RTMT to set up these types of alerts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

hi 

i am also doing the same work, a bit confused with RTMT, i did download it and tried to install it but it did't installed i guess. what my confusion is the syslog is already configured on the call manager and if i use RTMT which is installed on the my local machine. can i configure alerts on specific set of phones like group or select some or configure some condition like model 6901 or 6941 so that if they go down i would get an alert with detail information. Now if i configure these alerts Via RTMT would they effect on the syslogs which is already configured as level 6 on call manager, or these alerts are totally seperate then that of syslog config ? 

sandeep_yadav07
Level 1
Level 1
I believe custom alerts also can be set in RTMT under performance> RegisteredHardwarePhones.
Here we can define condition,duration,frequency and schedule as per requirement.It will immediately trigger alert once condition is met.
For report you can start counter logging with logfile name which will be saved in C:\users\<<login profile>>\.jrtmt\log.It is successfully tested in CUCM 11.0.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: