Views
Helpful
Replies

Off-hook to First digit timer - send to extension

cjoseph23
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if this is possible or have they done this before:

When an IP Phone goes off hook, If no digits are dialed then send the call to an extension/security instead of getting the re-order tone.

They are asking in the event an employee is seriously injured and he is only able to goes off-hook but doesn't dial any digits they want this to call an extension at the facility.

They have this feature on their current PBX (I think it is siemens) and want to carry this feature over to the IPTel world.

CUCM version is 7.1.5.  IP Phones are 7942/62. SCCP endpoints.

thanks,

cj

3 Replies 3

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi CJ,

You could configure PLAR for this user, and that will basically automatically dial the operator as soon as the phone goes off hook.  You would configure this by creating a blank translation pattern that is in a partition that only the single employee's phone has access to, and apply a CSS to that users phone that has access to that translation pattern partition.  The translation pattern will then translate to the operators number and will automatically dial that number once it goes off hook.

Check out the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03dn.html#wp1338158

HTH,

Chris

PLAR is not going to work in this situation as they want this feature on all the phones at the facility.  If I enable PLAR then they will not be able to use the phones for anything else. 

Not looking for an auto dial when the phone goes off hook but rather when the first digit timer expires (15 seconds after the phone is off-hook and no digits are dialed).

Thanks,

cj

cjoseph23
Level 1
Level 1

Ok if you create the blank translation pattern as mentioned above and the uncheck the "Urgent Priority" checkbox on that TP then this feature works.

If you go offhook and don't dial anything, when the first digit timer expires (15 seconds by default) then it will match this blank TP and complete the call to what you have specified in the Called Party Transformation mask.

I can't take credit for this one.  I asked my friends at PDI and they came up with this.  The "Urgent Priority" checkbox is available in the version I am running (7.1.5-XXXX).  Not sure when this was introduced or if it is available in older versions of CUCM.

Just in case anyone else is looking for this.

cj