cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On demand call recording solution for CUCM?

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I’m looking for an on-demand call recording software for a small group within our company.  Requirements are that all calls are NOT recorded, but the recording is initiated by the user, via softkey or PC application.  The recording would start once the user hits the button, and therefore would not get the entire call.  I would think there would be a lot of small recording apps for the PC that take advantage of the “Span to PC port” settings on the phones, but I can’t find any.  Does anyone have any product suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only phone-side method I am aware of is to use an RJ11 to 3.5mm adaptor cable from the headset port to your workstation and then whichever recording app you choose.

Everything else works server-side. For example, CallRex captures audio either via SPAN port or using the built-in bridge of the phone and a recording SIP trunk on CUCM to get a copy of the RTP audio streamed to it. If memory serves, it can do triggered start/stop mid-call from the client or even a DTMF key sequence. There are dozens of recording vendors though; this is merely the one that came to mind first and is not an endorsement.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only phone-side method I am aware of is to use an RJ11 to 3.5mm adaptor cable from the headset port to your workstation and then whichever recording app you choose.

Everything else works server-side. For example, CallRex captures audio either via SPAN port or using the built-in bridge of the phone and a recording SIP trunk on CUCM to get a copy of the RTP audio streamed to it. If memory serves, it can do triggered start/stop mid-call from the client or even a DTMF key sequence. There are dozens of recording vendors though; this is merely the one that came to mind first and is not an endorsement.

Thanks Jonathan (great name btw)!  I bought one of the LRX-40USB that ties into the handset cord, and it works great!  Thanks.

Hello Jonathan, sorry to open this conversation again but I need to do something similar...can explain how did you achieve this? Vendor or AQM? Thanks

I used an LRX-40USB adapter combined with TRx Phone Recorder software.  

Thank you kindly for quick response