Views
Helpful
Replies

one profile jabber for all devices ?

mHadi
Level 1
Level 1

hi friends,

in which version (subversion) of cucm, we can create one profile jabber for all devices ?? (pc,androis,ios,...)

currently, i have cucm 11.5 su1,which i must create separate profile for each devices ..

i want to know if it is possible and in which version i can create one for all ??

thanks..

Mohammadreza Hadi
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You might have read about creating a phone security profile for many different device types, but that's a different thing. There is simply no way to do what you're asking, each Jabber device has different settings and configuration. Each Jabber flavor needs a different device type in CUCM, and that has not changed in 12.x

FYI if you think something has changed in a new release, that's what the RNs are for, they cover new and changed features, you could have read them to confirm / discard this. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You need multiple device type(TCT,BOT,CSF)  based on the device where you use Jabber.

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal , thanks for reply

yes, currently i do this,

but i think in one document, i saw an article about an update, which allows to create one profile for all devices,

i think it was said in cucm 12.x, but not sure about that ..

Mohammadreza Hadi

You might have read about creating a phone security profile for many different device types, but that's a different thing. There is simply no way to do what you're asking, each Jabber device has different settings and configuration. Each Jabber flavor needs a different device type in CUCM, and that has not changed in 12.x

FYI if you think something has changed in a new release, that's what the RNs are for, they cover new and changed features, you could have read them to confirm / discard this. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate