Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound call one ring issue

Hello Experts,

I have an issue that the outbound calls give one ring only and the voice gateway send a bye message with error " Cause=96 Mandatory IE missing error" we send the error to the SP , but they send that the GW is sending the bye message and you have to check from your side , however the incoming call from the provider is working fine.

Call Flow : Cisco phone ( IP Communicator / hard IP Phone)  --- > CUCM ---> sip  Cisco VGW ---> E1 PRI 

Running configuration , outbound call logs , inbound call logs and call history is attached 

NOTE : In the Call history ( we have a strange behavior that the PRI has codec g729r8 )

Telephony call-legs: 1
SIP call-legs: 1
H323 call-legs: 0
Call agent controlled call-legs: 0
Total call-legs: 2
0 : 25340 681429840ms.2046 (*11:42:58.094 DXB Tue May 23 2023) +8940 +8950 pid:100 Answer *******
dur 00:00:00 tx:0/0 rx:0/0 56 (call cleared (86)) dscp:0 media:0 audio tos:0x0 video tos:0x0
IP 0.0.0.0:0 SRTP: off rtt:0ms pl:0/0ms lost:0/0/0 delay:0/0/0ms g729r8 TextRelay: off Transcoded No
media inactive detected:n media contrl rcvd:n/a timestamp:n/a
long duration call detected:n long dur callduration :n/a timestamp:n/a

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Everyone,

We Changed the SIP trunk between CUCM and Voice GW to be H323 , and all incoming and outgoing works fine.

Till now We don't know why the SIP didn't work.

BR,

Mohamed Saber 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

++ adding the outbound logs

Can you please add the outbound logs as a text file? Generally I'm somewhat hesitant to open compressed file(s) from unknown sources.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

Don't hesitate to open the zip file , it's only txt file with outbound call logs , also I tried to upload as txt but it give me error here 

Can you Kindly share your gateway config along with the debug isdn q931 and what @Roger Kallberg requested.

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

It's already uploaded and the debug isdn q931 is exist on the logs

Hello Everyone,

We Changed the SIP trunk between CUCM and Voice GW to be H323 , and all incoming and outgoing works fine.

Till now We don't know why the SIP didn't work.

BR,

Mohamed Saber 

Please be advised that Cisco is in the process of depreciating H.323. So it might not be the best option to use. I took a look at your shared configuration and a general observation is that you likely need to read some on how dial peers works, especially the different directions it can be used. Look at this great document for all information that you ever thought that you might need and then some about call routing in IOS. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing 

Response Signature