Views
Helpful
Replies

Particular extension taking 15 seconds to ring

ejdrijin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I created an extension which is not in my normal range. The problem is that when I ring this extension which is used for a hunt group it takes 15 seconds to call after I have dailed. I am assuming that this is a setting. Any help how can I get the extension to ring straight away?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check for any Call Forward Settings on this particular extension at the DN level that might be causing the issue. Also, check for any other instance of this number by going into Call Routing >> Route Plan Report

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check in route plan report whether you have any overlapping patterns for that particular extension and try to avoid that. 

HTH

Rajan

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check for any Call Forward Settings on this particular extension at the DN level that might be causing the issue. Also, check for any other instance of this number by going into Call Routing >> Route Plan Report

Regards

Deepak

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Sorry I pressed correct answer by mistake.

This is not a DN, this is a Hunt Pilot with extension 7775.

I checked and there is no other instance from there.

If I leave the telephone set in its placed and dail the number and press call on the phone, it will ring straight away, however if I pickup the phone and then dail it will take 15 seconds. Is this more clear?

Thanks.

So what you are saying is that if you will assign 7775 on an IP phone then it rings straightway. However if it is assigned on the Hunt Pilot then it does not ring.

Can you post the screenshot of your Hunt Pilot configuration. 

Regards

Deepak

Thanks for your reply.

I have noticed that even if I create a DN, it willl take a long time to ring.

Have you done as Rajan suggested and checked for an overlapping dial plan???

From the sounds of it, that's most likely the problem, if you adjust the T302 timer from the service parameter, and not it waits that new value before placing the call, then it's for sure an overlapping dial plan problem.

You'd need to look at your whole dial plan, to find out what else you're matching, and fix it (how to fix, is up to you, adjust CSS/partitions, change DNs, etc)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes. That was the problem.

Thanks everyone.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I think both Deepak and Rajan have identified the problem here (+5 to both)

This type of delay is usually caused by an Overlap in the Dialplan.  In your example the new hunt pilot DN 7775 but perhaps you have a RP that begins with 7.  The best way to fix this is to remove any overlapping patterns.

When  you have overlap in the Dialplan is when the CUCM Parameter (Interdigit  Timeout) might come into play and delays the connection. The default setting for this is 15 seconds and this is exactly the delay you are seeing.

Take close look at the Route Plan Report in CUCM to determine this overlap

You can also sort these type of problems using DNA the Dialed Number Analyzer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/8_0_1/dnaguide.pdf

The IDT is seen in CUCM as the T302 timer.

Try this info;

Delay in Call Establishment: Configuring the Interdigit Timeout

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dab26.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

Great stuff Rob (+5), your replies are always detailed and quite comprehensive. Mine are definitely not that way :) but hope it helps people out there

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your kind words my friend! Your answers here @CSC have always been excellent so don't sell yourself short!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: