Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Firmware Issues

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

we have upgraded the firmware of phones to the latest version. Since the upgrade, every time we "Apply Config" or Extension Mobility "Login/Logout", the phone takes a minimum of 60 seconds to come back. As soon as we downgrade to the previous version, the same action takes 5 seconds.

CUCM version = 8.6.2.22900-9

Phone FW = The one before the last version for almost all phones (mostly SCCP)

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
A quick update for those who may have the same issue.
We were hitting the bug CSCuv11036.  After receving and installing  the SE from Cisco TAC, the issue has been resolved. All 7900 series are affected by this bug.

Thanks,

MK

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi MK,

What are the two firmware versions that you are comparing and which phone models are involved? If this can be replicated by TAC or someone here on support community on their clusters then this could be WAD, else pcaps would be needed from an Apply config scenario for both the firmwares.

Manish

HI Manish,

Thank you for replying. Please find attached about the FW and phone model. The screenshot contains the phone model we have upgraded and they all experience the same issue. As soon as we downgrade them to the Current Version( see attached document) the problem disappears.

MK

Hi,

I managed to capture the PCAP.

There is a good gap of time when the phone talking to the CUCM server. This sub is not even in the CM Group to which the phone belongs to ...

Thanks,

MK

One more finding!!!!

The Device Pool used in the Device Default has a CM Group which contains the sub that the phone is communicating with(shown in the PCAP). Would that be possible that the phone keeps the settings from Device Default?

Thanks,

MK

Hi MK,

Try creating a callmanager group with a single callmanager server only and assign it to one of the phones with new firmware, check if the issue persists.

Manish

Hi Manish,

I tried to point the phone to a CM Groupe where there's only one server but the result remains the same. I downgraded a phone and took a PCAP for your review. As you can see there's almost no registeration delay with the downgraded FW version. Please find attached the PCAP with the actual (Prod) version.

Hi MK,

In that case i would say it is working as designed.

Manish

Do you mean, it's normal that it takes more than a minute every time an agent logs-in and logs-out with Extension Mobility or an apply config is applied? Why would the same process take 60 seconds with the new FW version and 5 to 7 seconds with the older version. Anything that explains the delay?

Thanks,

MK

Hi,
A quick update for those who may have the same issue.
We were hitting the bug CSCuv11036.  After receving and installing  the SE from Cisco TAC, the issue has been resolved. All 7900 series are affected by this bug.

Thanks,

MK

[+5] to Manish for sharing his views.