Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones' extension numbers disappeared

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

A couple of users reported that their extension numbers were disappeared all of a sudden.

Phone Model: 7945g

Firmware Version: SCCP45.9-4-2SR1-1S

CUCM: 8.5.1

I have checked audits logs to see if somebody had deleted, but I do not see any changes.

To what I suspect is the phone firmware or CCM version, is this a known bug by any chance?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CM traces would not reveal anything for this type of an issue. Audit logs would be something to look at, which you have already done.  I cannot think of how disk partition would cause this issue. If the system is under support and you are certain nobody made these changes a TAC case might be the best approach.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have never heard of such an issue, if you search for that DN in CUCM under route plan report do you find it and does it have the "active" checkbox unchecked?  Does the phone have "Add DN" in place of where the DN was on before? Did phone button template change by any chance? Are users using extension mobility?

Hi Chris,

Please find the answers.

If you search for that DN in CUCM under route plan report do you find it?

Yes, I do find it. 

Does it have the "active" checkbox unchecked?

Can you help me where I find this checkbox, please?

Does the phone have "Add DN" in place of where the DN was on before?

No, but it has changed to none and the previous DN is present under Unassigned Associated Items. I moved it back to its original position by Modify Button Items

Did phone button template change by any chance?

No, there is no change and only 6 users affected by this.

Are users using extension mobility?

No.

Regards,

Syed

Sounds like phone button template was changed on the device hence the DN was moved down as the new template did not have Line button assigned anymore. You could have fixed it, by simply re-assigning proper phone button template that has 2 Lines defined. Short of someone with admin access making the change I cannot see how else it happened, as I've never heard of this issue happening by itself.

I am pretty sure that phone button template is not changed, and that was the reason I manually moved it back.

The same thing happened earlier with one phone, but it is 6 phones this time.

It is weird.

Is there any way I can find it?

can I collect ccm traces? will that help to figure out this issue?

For your information disk partition is full, will this cause any problem?

CM traces would not reveal anything for this type of an issue. Audit logs would be something to look at, which you have already done.  I cannot think of how disk partition would cause this issue. If the system is under support and you are certain nobody made these changes a TAC case might be the best approach.

jtouchet
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem. But mine is with an 8841. I can program the phone, and add the line to it. The next day the phone is unregistered and the line is gone. The phone is still there, but no line. We have added the line back 3 times, and it disappeared the next day. We looked in the Route Plan report and the DN is not there. Our Call manager is 11.5. I would appreciate any help with this. I am confused on why this is happening.