Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIN code on cisco IPhone

Hello,

I would like to configure a PIN code for our cisco iphones CP7642 and CP7821 to restrict access to the iphones to an unauthorised users.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

CUCM does have a "Screen Lock" feature, but it is only available on video/telepresence endpoints (like the DX and SX series). If you want to use screen lock on deskphones, you would need to use a 3rd-party app.

If your concern is who is dialing what numbers (especially international), then you could use Forced Authorization Codes (FAC) or Client Matter Codes (CMC) on those route patterns.

If you are looking to have phones in unattended areas not be usable unless the phone is logged in, you could use Extension Mobility.

Maren

Hello Maren and thank you for your answer. From now am using FAC features to restricts calls but not restrict phone from accessing them.

We are using CUCME version 10 for calls system and you said I am lookin to have phone to be log in before a user can place a call.

I will check for Extension Mobility feature how it works unless you can help me.

Thank you.

Extension Mobility will require users to log into a phone before they can use it. Once the EM profile is logged in, there is not a way to "lock" the phone without logging out.

Once you've done your research, please let us know if you have more questions.

Maren

MARS Phone Lock for Cisco IP Phones

Please checkout below 3rd party application for Cisco IP Phones.

http://www.parsec-tech.com/parsecapplications.html

MARS Phone Lock application for Cisco IP Phones allows users to lock their phone before moving away from their desks and thus preventing misuse of the phone in the user’s absence.
A phone in locked state will allow all incoming calls and selected outgoing calls like emergency numbers and internal extension calls based on application configurations (CUCM configured calling search space-CSS).
The Phone Lock-Unlock Application service can also be configured in the line button of the phone.
To lock a phone the user will have to click the Phone Lock-Unlock Application service configured in the phone. To lock a phone user will not need to key in any user name or PIN.
To unlock a phone, the user will need to select the Phone Lock-Unlock Application service configured in the phone. Application will prompt user to key in a numeric PIN which is validated before the phone is unlocked.

For more details you can write to info@parsec-tech.com

I would agree with Maren, you may consider extension mobility on CME.

The following link may be helpful for you: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/extension-mobility-on-cme-configuration-amp-troubleshooting/ta-p/3154079

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies