Views
Helpful
Replies

Play message before call at certaint ime

chin.chung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using CUCM 7.1.5 and UCCX 7.0(2).

We need to play a message before call is answered on mon-fri 6pm-9pm, sat 3pm-6pm, sun 12-21pm. Is there any other way to do this except using ccx scripting?

8 Replies 8

Gregory Garrian
Level 1
Level 1

What are you using for voicemail?

Normally you would just have the dialed number go to a cti route point forwarding over to Unity/UConn.  Have a call handler setup with the desired message as a standard greeting with no input allowed and then have it ring out to whatever extension you want.

Set the schedule on the handler and have no messages for the closed greeting.

That's how I'd do it.

Another option is to perform the time of day check on CUCM and then route it accordingly to either UCCX or voicemail system, this way you do not have to waste ports during the time you do not need to play the message.

HTH,

Chris

basically its just a saying that this `call is going to be recorded..` so what is the best way to do this?

If you have Unity or Unity Connection send it through call handler as suggested by Gregory (+5 points).  If you want to keep it simple setup schedule in Unity, to make it more efficient setup time of day routing in CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

We dont have Unity nor Unity Connection. I know how to do time of day routing but how do i configure my line to play the message to before the call?

CallManager can not play the message so you will need to route the call through another system such as UCCX or voicemail, what kind of voicemail system do you have?

Chris

we dont use voicemail? What do i have to do with UCCX?

Create a script that plays the message and application/trigger pointing to this script.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: