Views
Helpful
Replies

(Presence) Error Message "a device not provisioned"

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Experts,

I have a problem integrating presence with call manager for IP Phone Messenger service, I did every thing to run this service i can login to the personal communicator and get my status as available.

The problem when i try to access the IPPM service from the cisco phone 7975 it gives me error "You were trying to access IP Phone Messenger service from a device not provisioned on Cisco CallManager server. Please work with your system administrator to get this device configured" i re-installed the presence but no luck to solve this problem i tried to put the URL in the internet explorer i got the same error.

Any Idea how to resolve this problem ?

the call manager version 7.1.5.10000-12

the presence version 7.0.1.10000-28            

7 Replies 7

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi mrmhar1408,

Check this out:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsv97810

CSCsv97810            Bug Details

Cannot login to IP Phone Messenger service if user id has space char

Symptom:

Unable to login to the IP Phone Messenger service. It fails and the following message is displayed on the phone:

"You  were trying to access IP Phone Messenger service from a device not  provisioned on Cisco CallManager server. Please work with your system  administrator to get this device configured."

Conditions:

This problem occurs if there is a space character in the user-id.

Workaround:

Remove the space character from the user-id            

If the condition matches, please try the workaround.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

If this is not it, can you check to see if you associated the MAC of the IP Phone to the AXL user?

Regards,

Harmit.

Harmit,

Apperciate your help but still i am facing this problem i removed all spaces, about AXL user do you mean AXL should be available for IP Phone messenger application user or ?

Hi mrmhar1408,

So there was a space in the userid? Is this a SIP or SCCP phone? Please doublecheck the configuration. Here is a doc which you can refer to:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27841

Some more things to check regarding the config:

Test Description
Problem Description
Solution

IP Phone Messenger Tests

Verify that an IPPM settings entry exists.

Note The Troubleshooter only tests IPPM when you enable it in Cisco Unified Presence Administration. To enable IPPM, select Application > IP Phone Messenger > Settings.

Missing entry does not appear in IPPM settings table.

To configure a valid Application username and password, select Application > IP Phone Messenger > Settings.

Verify that the IPPM application username is valid.

Invalid IPPM application username value exists.

To configure a valid Application username and password, select Application > IP Phone Messenger > Settings.

Verify that the IPPM application password is valid.

Invalid IPPM application password value exists.

Verify that the Cisco Unified Presence IPPM application username and  password match the configured Cisco Unified Communications Manager  application username and password.

IPPM application username mismatch exists.

IPPM application password mismatch exists.

Configure  a valid IPPM application username value on the Cisco Unified  Communications Manager server that matches the IPPM application username  on the Cisco Unified Presence server.

Configure  a valid IPPM application password value on the Cisco Unified  Communications Manager server that matches the IPPM application password  value on the Cisco Unified Presence server.

Verify that the IPPM service is active.

The system indicates IPPM service currently is toggled to inactive.

To activate the IPPM service, use the IPPM Settings window.

Verify that the IPPM service is running.

IPPM service currently does not run.

To start the IPPM service, navigate to Cisco Unified Serviceability and select Tools > Control Center - Network Services. Start the SIP Proxy service.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi mrmhar1408,

Forgot to add -- In CUCM, under the phoneMessenger application user, is the device listed in the "Controlled Devices" box? Is the user associated with the IP Phone when viewing in CUPS? If not, then add the MAC address of the IP Phone to the AXL user in CUCM. That should result in the phone showing up in CUPS correctly.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi Harmit,

I tried everything without luck, i have a question " if i copy the URL and paste it in Internet explorer. what should i get?" as i am getting the same error, i will try to upgrade the version might be solve the problem

Hi mrmhar1408,

I see your point. I tried pulling up the URL with the IPPM enabled on CUPS. Here is the URL I entered:

http://10.104.149.121:8081/ippm/default?name=SEP001BD5129B9F

I didn't get that error, so it seems to be originating from your CUPS server itself. Upgrade sounds like a plan. Look forward to hearing if it resolves the issue for you.

Regards,

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: