cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem updating firmware on a cisco ata 190 in GUI

thomasbou1
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to update the firmware of a Cisco ata 190. I don't have access to the CUCM so I want to do it from the GUI. I have downloaded the firmwares from the cisco website and when I go to the GUI of the ATA to insert the files, I get this error message: "Incorrect image file." whether it's for the .loads, .bin, .cop file...
I've also tried with older versions and it doesn't work either. I'd like to point out that I've reset the ata 190 box to factory configuration. It just has an IP, mask and gateway.

I noticed that the files of the other ATA (191,187...) were in .img and that it worked well in GUI.

Do you have any information or a solution for this ? Wouldn't it be necessary to have an .img file like the other ATAs to update the firmware?

Thanks for your help,
Thomas

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Go to the CUCM admin and ask him to update the firmware in CUCM. Why you want to update only 1 ATA? If you are end user, this shouldn't be your concern

I don't have access to the CUCM and I can't contact the admin... I'm working on a particular infrastructure and I'm doing tests. So I want to upgrade one ATA190 to eventually upgrade all the others...

I have never done a GUI upgrade of an ATA, because I'm a CUCM technician and I'm still in the opinion, that this should be done via CUCM, just because it's not scalable to do it on the ATAs itself.

But you probably need an .img file. Or point the TFTP-server IP in the ATA to a TFTP server, where it can load the .loads and .bin files. Just like it does, when downloading the file from the CUCM-TFTP.

Ok, thank you ! I'm gonna try with a TFTP server. If anyone knows if it's possible to do it in GUI, I am always interested!

if you are using the TFTP option to upgrade your ATA you need the ZIP file. On dhcp mentioned the option 150 as your TFTP server ip.

If you are uploading from CUCM, use the COP files.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1683829921857.png

I never did ATA 190 upgrade using GUI. But what i have done is the TFTP and CUCM.

Response Signature