cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt for 3 digit room number, uphend 1 digit, and dial

Mux22
Level 1
Level 1

I want a to create a very simple AA script but it has been years since I have done any scripting or call routing. Can anyone help with what should be a very straight forward script.

1. I want to prompt caller for 3 digits.

2. Confirm 3 digits entered correctly.

3. I want to add a prefix digit to the entered digits

4. I want to forward the call to the 4 digit internal extension.

7 Replies 7

Mux22
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think it really matters but each of the extension will be assigned to specific port on a VG that is cross connected to an analog phone.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And what products you have to work with?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Mux22
Level 1
Level 1

Let me explain the current set up and why it will not work with the new addition.  Currently all rooms have and inexpensive analog phone that is cross connected to a Voice Gateway each of the rooms has a DID where the last 4 digits match the room number.  Example 2108 equates to 2nd floor 1 is east, 08 is the actual room number. DN 2208 is the same model but is the west side.  This follows the same for each floor.  The addition are additional 4th and 5th floors.  We are unable to buy matching blocks of DID numbers so the idea is to assign them local DN's but follow the same numbering scheme.  I have to give this some more thought on how to get this to flow.  Maybe the best way would be to add new partition and CSS?  

Why would you need an AA for any of this? Maybe I’m daft, but I don’t understand why you’d need an IVR to route these calls.

Apart from this, as fine and well thought out as you’re number plan is, it could possibly open up for future proof and expandability issues, like the one you describe. My advice is to keep your number plan as easy as possible and not go with elaborate location meanings based on the numbers, as that is like jumping down in to a rabbit hole, you never know what you’ll find or what might happen along the way.

Response Signature

It doesn't need to be AA,  I am just looking for a simple way to prompt the caller for a 3 digit number and no matter what number they enter I want to add an 8 and dial.  So it would be 8xxx.  So if the caller entered in 200 I want to dial 8200 and so on.   

I dont see a need for an IVR. You can do that by simple translations.

Even if you are not able to by the DID matching to the room number, you can  use internal number and do the translations from the gateway or CUCM.

Response Signature

Mux22
Level 1
Level 1

How could I translate room 432 to 8432?, 433 to 8433?  We are currently unable to dial 3 digits.