cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning phone to RingCentral

fenway park
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased two CP8811 phones off an auction site and have been working with Ringcentral to provision the phones. However, after I factory reset the device, I am greeted with a dialog box that requires an activation code or service domain. I enter sip.ringcentral.com and then continue. My next screen is asking for username and password so I put in the username and password provided by Ringcentral manual provisioning details. I get an error message asking to verify the service domain and internet connectivity and then try again later. 

Any thoughts?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Get the IP address of the phone and enter it into a web browser.  

Does it allow you to enter any configuration details?

That's the weird thing, when I use 192.168.0.101, browser says the site can't be reached.
Before I reset it I was able to view the configuration details but they were un-editable.

Can you ping the IP address 192.168.0.101?

Your phone is using the enterprise version, not the MPP version. To use the phone with Ring Central, you need the MPP version.

The enterprise version works with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. The conversion is not free and it requires licenses. To learn how to convert, please follow this guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-7800-series/guide-c07-742786.html

Response Signature

Thank you for the information. Do you happen to know how much the conversion would be? 

Hi, 

It appears that you have the Cisco IP phone with enterprise firmware, which allows registration only with Cisco PBX (call manager or CME). For compatibility with other platforms, you may need the Cisco IP phone with MPP firmware.

For future orders, please ensure that the part code contains "3PCC" (for example, CP-8811-3PCC-K9 for the 8811 model).

Note that the conversion is not free, but if you have a Webex calling tenant, there's a chance you can perform the conversion without an additional fee.

Refer to the document shared by @Nithin Eluvathingal  for the conversion process.

Regards,

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.