Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

recording message on outbound calls from cucm to pstn

Hello people,

We want when a user call a customer to PSTN from their jabber or ip-phone, and the customer answer the call, to hear a recording message that will inform him that this call will be recorded.

Do you know how this can be achive?

It is call manager 12.5

Thank you

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I don't think this can be achieved by CUCM alone.
Normally, this message is played by the recording server, when he joins the the call. In SIP-based recording, it's like an ad hoc conference with the 2 participants and the recording server.

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Freedom (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。 

Hello @b.winter, it cannot be done using the "Media Resource Group List" (MRGL) feature by create a new "Media Resource Group" (MRG) that includes the audio file as a "Media Resource" ?

@Freedom (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。, it's important to note that call recording laws and regulations vary by region, so be sure to consult with legal and compliance teams before implementing this feature.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

I cannot think of a way, how a media resource could be "activated" in an active call / after the called party pics up the call.
I have never seen or heard about that.

You are correct @b.winter, that it's not possible to activate a media resource after the called party picks up the call in CUCM. However, if you want to inform the called party that the call will be recorded, one possible solution is to use a pre-recorded announcement or message. You can create an audio file that contains the message you want to play and upload it to CUCM as a media resource.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

And how is the message started? It's not enganged in the call, so how should the called party hear it? I know, that the announciator can be used to play a message before the call connects, but only for the calling party.

I have seen some people using Unity as the "recording server" and the greeting of the VM box plays the greeting, before starting to recording the conference, because it's nothing else than a conference.
A calls B
After B picks up the call, A initiates a conference with the VM Box which plays the greeting and then records the call.

No it cannot. There must be something invoking the media resource, it’s not done automatically just because it’s in the MRG and then subsequently present to the MRGL.

Response Signature