Views
Helpful
Replies

Refresh upgrade CUCM 8.5 to CUCM 9.1 fails

mshamkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Voice Master,

Need some assistance please.I am upgrading CUCM 8.5 to 9.1 but it keeps failing,before starting on production cluster wanted to try on LAB and wanted to document step by step process and follow the same on production but unfortunately i am keep failing.

As per cisco upgrade document if you are upgrading from 8.5 to 9.X first need to install "ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.1.cop" and meet vm hardware requirement for CUCM 9.0 and then regular upgrade i.e. DVD(Mounting IOS or remote file uisng SFTP/FTP.

I followed above steps and failing over and over..

Error i see while upgrading in CLI is "Hardware error"and to continue press "Continue"

when i press continue it installs all the components for about 1Hr and I can see CLI of old version CUCM i.e. 8.5

Please find few scrn shots of updgrad process.

I upgraded all hardware and guest OS as per cisco...So please and I request Masters to assist me in this upgrade.I really appreciate your time and assistance.Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I don't see any errors other than the warnings about license PAKs. It is normal for the system to display old cucm CLI if you do not select the option to switch to new version.

To check if you have cucm9 installed. Type show versions inactive on the CLI. Or show version. Once you see your cucm 9, you can login to the OS admin page and use the switch version tab to switch to the new upgraded version 9

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kumar,

Call Manager version 9.0 no more uses DLU and ELM is used.

Seeing the message from first three snapshots, u need to convert all unused PAK and DLU by installing them on call manager 8.x

Please refer ELM upgrade guide which says

The upgrade process can be completed only once per Unified CM product instance. You will not

be able to upgrade any remaining DLUs on the selected product instances in the future

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/elmuserguide/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_E596FD72_00_enterprise-license-manager-user-90.pdf

regds,

aman

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I don't see any errors other than the warnings about license PAKs. It is normal for the system to display old cucm CLI if you do not select the option to switch to new version.

To check if you have cucm9 installed. Type show versions inactive on the CLI. Or show version. Once you see your cucm 9, you can login to the OS admin page and use the switch version tab to switch to the new upgraded version 9

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

Aokanlawon,

You are absolutely right and its my bad i totally forgot about the switch version.I was in a impression that i selected upgrade and reboot with new version when its done.So i was expecting to see new version CLI.

What ever its my bad..Thank you so much though and I really appreciate that sir!