Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Destination Called ID

mclason01
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have a request to forward all calls to a remote destination (mobile phone). The catch is that the user would like the caller ID of the original caller to show up on his mobile. Is there a way to make this happen? 

11 Replies 11

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is the default behaviour unless you have specifically changed things in your gateway configuration to use the last last redirecting number instead of the originator

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for your reply. So to make the change would I change a configuration in CUCM> Device> Gateway> TheGatewayTheCallWentThrough? If so, could you specifically point out where the setting would be changed?

Thanks!

Yes under your gateway settings>outbound calls, you can change the calling party selection..

Please refer to this documentation

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/69047-failure-fwd-calls-offst.html

The default should work unless it has been changed..

Ok, it looks like it was already set up that way. I attached an image. I also attached an image of RTMT showing the call. Do you see anything that needs to be changed?

No, it should be fine. Have you tested it?

I didn't make any changes. This is the way it already was before I posted about the issue. For some reason, when any call gets sent to a remote destination, the caller ID on the mobile shows up as (616) 301-65XX. It doesn't matter who the caller is, or what RDP is called, that same number shows up on the caller ID.

OK I see what is going on here. What is happening is that when the call is presented to the mobile destination, the CLI presented to the Telco is that of the originator. Since this is not part of the DDI assigned to that trunk, your Telco is replacing the DDI with the default DDI assigned to your ISDN trunk..

Unfortunately this is the default behaviour and the only way you can get a valid CLI presented is to user the last redirecting number..This way the CLI that is presented will be that of the user who was called..

You can look at "debug isdn q931" and you will see the CLI presented to the telco

Okay, so you're saying in order for the correct CLI to be displayed on the remote destination, I would have to change the "Calling Party Selection" from "originator" to "Last redirecting number". Correct?

But that would cause regular calls going out from with our system to have the wrong called ID, right?

Thanks so much for your help

Well it depends. The case where CLI could be affected is in call forwarding. e.g.

User A on your IPT calls user B, user B has his phone to call-forward to mobile. The last redirecting person here is user B and its user B's CLI that will be shown on his mobile not user A. User A is the originator.

Okay, I would like to test it. Will making that change cause any kind of downtime/interrupt calls?

Well It depends on what type of gateway you have. If you have mgcp then you need to shut down mgcp and restart mgcp for the change to take effect.

If its h323 or sip, you need to reset the trunk and this does interrupt calls..but for a few seconds..