cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringback tone doens't work in some outbound calls

Faisal.Saoud
Participant
Participant

ringback tone doesn't work in some outbound calls, I have attached two calls, one we can hear the ringback tone from the calling ip phone, and another we don't hear the tone.

call flow: IP Phone>CUCM >Sip>VG>Sip>ITSP

the calling number in both:4823 

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Have you compared the calls by yourself? Probably not ...

If you would have compared the calls, then you could have noticed the following:

In the working call, the provides first sends an "UPDATE" and then "RINGING".
In the non-working call, it's is vice-versa. The provider first sends "RINGING" and then an "UPDATE".

Furthermore, the in the working call, the provider includes "P-Early-Media: sendrecv" in the "RINGING" and "UPDATE" messages, but not in the non-working call.

To-Do: Talk to your provider.

@b.winter 

unfortunately, I get a little confused in some sip cases and don't know how to troubleshoot it. If you advise me on a book to help troubleshoot it, I will be thankful. 

Since I have never used a book or had a training for VGW / CUBE troubleshooting, I personally can't recommend one.
But books and trainings can only provide you theoretical basic knowledge and maybe provide a basic concept / approach (like where to look -CUCM or VGW/CUBE, which tools are available - debugs/show and RTMT, ...). There are probably countless docs, websites, videos, ... in the internet about troubleshooting. But the real learning only happens while doing the troubleshooting.

Like programming: you don't learn real programming by just reading books or watching videos, you learn it by doing the programming on your own.

This Cisco Press book is a fantastic source of information on the topic, Understanding Session Border Controllers Comprehensive Guide to (CUBE) Solutions.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: