cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route calls to a group of 3rd party SIP clients

LenardFurr
Level 1
Level 1

DISCLAIMER: I am not a CUCM expert my any means, but our lab tech that would normally handle this is out for an unspecified amount of time so I am stuck trying to figure this out.  I am a software developer who normally handles integration with Cisco (via ICM) so my knowledge of the inner workings of the environment are extremely basic and limited.  The progress I have made so far was made by looking through documentation.  All that being said, here is what I am trying to accomplish and what I have done so far.  

I would like to set up a series of 3rd party SIP extensions and route calls to those extensions via a single number.  I have created a series of end users (6001-6010), I have created a series of SIP devices and associated them with those users and on each of those devices, I have created a DN.  With all that being done, I can use an X-Lite SIP client and register with the switch, then if I dial 6001 from another phone it will ring my SIP client.  

My next step was to get this series of DNs into a hunt group so that when 6000 was dialed, it would find one of the 10 SIP extensions and send the call to one that was available.  First, I created a line group that contained DNs 6001-6010. Next, I created a hunt list with my previously defined line group selected.  Finally, I created a hunt pilot with the pattern of 6000 and my previously defined hunt list defined as the hunt list.  

I have a SIP client logged into 6001, but when I dial 6000 from another phone, I get nothing.  As an experiment, I tried adding a desk phone to my line group.  When I did that and dialed 6000, it would indeed send the call to the desk phone I added.  

So, this is where I am stuck.  Why will it not send the call to my SIP extension?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilmar Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The documentation does not explicity say that 3rd party sip phones supports line groups, so I assume that it should be working.

Try to review if the check box "Logged Into Hunt Group" (under the phone configuration) is checked.

When you said "I get nothing", what exactly did you receive (busy, just mute, etc)?

Regards,

Gilmar Silva

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gilmar Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The documentation does not explicity say that 3rd party sip phones supports line groups, so I assume that it should be working.

Try to review if the check box "Logged Into Hunt Group" (under the phone configuration) is checked.

When you said "I get nothing", what exactly did you receive (busy, just mute, etc)?

Regards,

Gilmar Silva

I was getting a busy signal.  I checked the "Logged into hunt group" box on my extension and it worked immediately.  

Thank you for your help!