Views
Helpful
Replies

RSVP enabled locations with CUE at remote

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a configuration where I have CUE at a branch location integrated with CUCM at HQ site. The transcoder at the remote location works fine when using Static Location CAC, but isn't invoked when I have RSVP enabled Location CAC configured. Calls work fine with RSVP between HQ phones and BR phones. The issue is that CUE is G.711 only and the WAN is configured to use G.729 only and the BR transcoder is not being invoked for the HQ phone to CUE call. Is this a limitation of RSVP enabled locations, or is there a way to configure this to work?

Thanks,
Mark

7 Replies 7

Hello,

Did you enable the RSVP under the DSP farm config ??

Here is a brief about the config :

Enabling RSVP in a DSP Farm Profile

Perform this procedure to enable the RSVP agent on an MTP or transcoder device.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. dspfarm profile profile-identifier {mtp | transcode}

4. codec pass-through

5. maximum sessions number

or

maximum sessions {hardware | software} number

6. associate application sccp

7. rsvp

8. no shutdown

9. end

For detailed here is the link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/int_rsvp.html#wp1009221

Amer

Amer,

I think you misunderstood my issue/question. I have location based RSVP working, but I can't use a transcoder at the branch location to allow connections to the CUE module from callers at HQ.

With Static Locations:

HQ -> G.729 -> BRtranscoder -> G.711 -> CUE

With RSVP Locations:

HQ -> G.729 -> HQ RSVPagent -> G.729 -> BR RSVPagent -XXXX (Can't use transcoder to convert last leg to G.711)

Thanks,
Mark

are you able to solve this problem

I'm facing this issue and think it could be solved by creating the dsp profile as transcoder not MTP so it'll support G729 to your CUE

Please advise if you solve this

thanks

I thought the same thing. I tried it, but couldn't get it to work for me.

Mark

Hi,

you are right

I tried using transcoder but failed

So do we need then to have both an MTP and a transcoder in one MRGL for the remote branch and to have MTP first in this MRGL

Did you ever find a fix for this?  I'm having the same issue, when using both the MTP for RSVP and trying to transcode for CUE the call fails.  I see the RSVP agent telling me "Expiring Serial0/1/0.1 RESV state, reason: Local application requested tear".

I'll post if I find something.

I found the answer here http://onlinestudylist.com/archives/ccie_voice/2011-January/072081.html

I needed to add g729ar8 to the mtp profile and life is better.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: