cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP/ SIP multi-protocol registrations in single standalone cluster.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

hello folks,

i hv PCCE11.0.2 in pre-deployment stage. Customer has CIPC and CP8851 SIP Phones. Customer has FAC deploy request.

i hv tested on SIP, FAC is clearly seen. On SCCP, it gets hidden.

Out of 400, 370 are agents and 30 are sups n managers. For Sups and managers they hv procured CP8851 phones.

FAC is must so for agents i hv enabled SCCP protocol where CP8851 will be on SIP protocol.

CP8851 and CUCM11.0 is hit by bug for which workaround is to auto register  CP8851 phones.

Issue is, under Enterprise parameter AutoRegistration protocol changed to SIP, but phones take SCCP protocol only. Also, recommended protocol shows SCCP only.

please suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ritesh,

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to get across to us here.

Auto registration protocol only affects phones that can support multiple protocols. Your 8851 phones can only support SIP hence even if you set your auto registration protocol to SCCP, it won't impact them.

So are you saying that your sccp phones support SIP and can't upgrade?

Please rate all useful posts

Adarsh & Ayodeji,

Thanks for your guidance... Am aware about the parameters. My SCCP Phones registers but SIP does not register. Under Device > Phones, I can see CP-8851 takes SCCP protocol to register which shouldn't be.

Ayodeji,

I've raised doubt along with the reason behind it. I've no problem in registering CP-8851 phones manually but CP-8851 is hit by bug. There is no chance to config manually only auto-registration is the option left for me.

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
    regards, Ritesh Desai

So if you change the enterprise parameter to SIP, 8851 won't auto-register? Can you try to clear the config on the phone.

malbaqari  

Hi, do u mean to reset the phone and check again?

Would like to clear my doubt, in Enterprise parameter settings changing default protocol to SIP, in recommended setting would it be SCCP or SIP? It shows me SCCP.

Please suggest.

thanks and regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

I mean delete phone config file.

There is no recommended setting. The default is SCCP and you can change it to SIP. But there is no better config. It just depends on what you want.

malbaqari  

Its not recommended settings, its Suggested Value. Attached image.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Thats inline with what I am saying. Am I missing what you are looking for?

Adarsh Chauhan
    Level 3
    Level 3

Hi Ritesh,

What i understand is that you want to enable auto registration for both SIP and SCCP and are wondering about the parameter.

Quoting from config guide 11.5:

The system doesn't know whether the new phones that are auto-registering are running SIP or SCCP, so you must specify this when you enable autoregistration. Devices that support both SIP and SCCP (such as Cisco Unified IP Phones 7911, 7940, 7941, 7960, 7961, 7970, and 7971) auto-register with the protocol that is specified in the enterprise parameter called Auto Registration Phone Protocol. Devices that support only a single protocol will auto-register with that protocol. The Auto Registration Phone Protocolsetting isignored.For example, any Cisco Unified IPPhonesthatsupportSCCPonly will autoregister with SCCP even if the Auto Registration Phone Protocol parameter is set to SIP

If you have SIP and SCCP devices to auto-register, you must first set the Auto Registration Phone Protocol parameter to SCCP and install all the devices that are running SCCP. Then change the Auto Registration Phone Protocol parameter to SIP and auto-register all the devices that are running SIP

if the auto registration parameter is set to SIP and the device capable of both are still take SCCP, then you might need to take the SCCP device to latest firmware and then test.

Please rate and mark if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
    Regards,
    Adarsh Chauhan