Views
Helpful
Replies

Searching for option to FWD any voicemail from Mailbox A to Mailbox B

AswinS25
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am searching for ways to send any Voicemails received by Ext A to Ext B. No need of routing the calls, just want a copy of VM received by Ext A to be FWD to Ext B.

Please let me know if there are anyways in Unity to achieve this. 

5 Replies 5

Are you looking to have User B receive the voicemails instead of User A, or should both get a copy of the voicemail? Either of these can be done.

Do these users access their voicemail via phone or via Unified Messaging?

Maren

Both should get a copy of Voice Mail. Both are having phone. No UM configured for email. They are looking for phone VM only.

If someone call user A and left a VM, once it is received in Mailbox A, then Unity should send a copy to B. Thanks for looking on this. Please let me know if there are some ways to configure it. 

The way to do this, then, is to have the number for User A configured on a System Call Handler rather than a voicemail box. (User A will need to have a voicemail box with a different directory number on it.) Configure a System Distribution List with User A's voicemail box and User B's voicemail box, and have this System Distribution List be the target for voicemails left for the System Call Handler. In this way, both User A and User B will get copies of User A's voicemail.

This does create a problem for User A where they can no longer press the Messages Button on their phone to get to their voicemail box on the primary line. The easiest fix for this would be to create a second DN on User A's phone with the extension of the actual voicemail box for User A and train them to press that extension and then the Messages Button on their phone to retrieve their voicemail.

I hope this is helpful to you. Please let us know if you have additional questons.

Maren

System distribution lists enables the users to send or forward voice messages to a group of Cisco Unity Connection users.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/12x/administration/guide/b_12xcucsag/b_12xcucsag_chapter_0101.html

Response Signature