Views
Helpful
Replies

Self-Provisioning IVR

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a fresh install of 10.5  but when attempting self provision im getting error 'This Device Cannot Be Associated to your account, contact your systems administrator'

Been using doco, could be missing something in my config.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_01101001.html

I have done the following:

• Universal Device Template
  • Universal Line Template
  • Feature Group Template (also allocated to the LDAP dir sync)
  • Updated User Service Service User ID
  • User Profile
  • Associated Users to the user profile
  • attempted restart of CM, CTI, SP-IVR services
  • Updated LDAP user +E164 to a 3 digit extension and sycned
  • Attempted using a test user created locally
  • 8945 Using SIP and SCCP phone load

Looking at the documentation it states the user needs a primary extension, the only way I have been able to do that is to create a EM profile and associate it. Once i do this the IVR does state that the device will restart with new settings but then get the original error message straight after

18 Replies 18

Cogden,

If the "Apply mask to synced telephone numbers to create a new line for inserted users" is checked and the appropriate Mask entered that matches the "telephonenumber" LDAP attribute in AD, then when the Directory sync occurs CUCM will create a new DN, and assign that DN to the Primary extension field of the end user.

one thing that might also cause problems is, if the DN already exists in the partition used for the templates.

Workaround:

was to login to the CUCM with the Application Administration User (eg. ccmadmin) and not your AD userid which has Super User Role

Then the Quick User/Phone Add gui displayed and showed up!

I could then associate the DN as per the process above by clicking on 'New' and adding in the extension/DN and then enroll using self-prov.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Awesome, this works like a charm. The good thing with using the mask also is that cucm auto populate the users self provisioning id with the extension...

Please rate all useful posts

yurividal
Level 1
Level 1

In my case the problem was that i had unsupported characters on user.

First Name was "Director & Producer", Last Name was "Office (Desk)".

Changed those to "Director/Producer" and "Office"

Not sure if the problem was the & or the ( but it solved the issue. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: